ch 7: pond

"wake up, wake up." lulu groaned as someone kept on shaking her.

lulu slapped away the hand and turned to find a more comfortable side. "go away, i told you not to come into my room without knocking, jongho-ah."

"well i'm not jongho so i can come in whenever i want." the unfamiliar voice stated.

hearing this, lulu sat up in her bed and widened her eyes to see the sight of wooyoung.

"what the heck? this early in the damn morning! what time is it?" her eyes diverted to the clock on the wall but her vision was still quite blurry.

wooyoung grabbed his phone out and checked the time. "6:46AM." he replied and pulled lulu's arm to get out of bed.

"look, if you woke me up for a stupid reason then your gonna die, legit."

"it's not a stupid reason, your promised to help me find the girl." his voice had a hint of sadness in it.

lulu huffed out. "sorry to break the news but finding a girl you met 10 years ago or something is impossible."

wooyoung pouted, "how come yesterday you were so nice?"

"that's cause i was tired." she crashed down onto her bed again.

"you're still tired." wooyoung pointed out.

lulu sighed. "fine i'll help you, just get out of my room and i'll be out as soon as possible."

wooyoung obeyed and closed the door softly. lulu sighed and went through her drawers.

"why am i doing this for pooyoung." she whispered to herself as she picked up a gray t-shirt.

­_-____-_--__

"where's jongho?" she asked, gathering her keys.

"he left for school."

lulu grabbed her phone and decided to text jongho if he got safely to school, "school doesn't start until 8:00 and he left this early?!"

wooyoung shrugged and continued to play on his phone before looking up at lulu.

he had to admit, she looked pretty but put those thoughts aside and looked back at his phone.

"let's go. i have work tonight and i don't wanna spend the whole darn day looking for the love of your life." she hissed at him.

wooyoung got up from the couch and they both exited the apartment with a awkward atmosphere surrounding the two.

"where to first?" lulu asked while looking at wooyoung who was looking elsewhere.

"to the pond!"

"the pond? what's that?" lulu tilted her head and looked ahead.

his head tilted at her question, "it's where i met her."

lulu furrowed her eyebrows together. "how do you remember these stuff?"

wooyoung shrugged. "i tend to have visions sometimes."

lulu widened her eyes. "really?"

"yeah but about the past. it's not a big deal though, goes through my family. i wish i had visions of the future though, it only happens when i visit a familiar place." his hands stuffed his pockets.

lulu nodded, interested (for once) at what he was saying.

wooyoung lead the way and lulu followed close behind. the place really seemed familiar to her although the puzzle pieces couldn't connect.

they finally reached the pond beside the daycare.

"i remember this daycare, i used to stay here when my mom was still at work."

wooyoung nodded. "really? i think the girl was from the daycare."

lulu nodded at the information.

they reached the pond and lulu swore she had deja vu. "i somehow remember this place."

wooyoung looked at lulu. "perhaps.." he paused and lulu looked back at him, they both locked eyes for a while before he finished his sentence. "you know who the girl since you went to the same daycare?"

lulu looked away. "yeah yeah probably."

lulu was about to get up before he dragged her down. "let's just sit for a while."

she was shocked at the sudden action but calmed down when wooyoung held her close to him.

"i wish i could do this to her." he coughed and lulu looked disgusted at him.

lulu felt a pang in her heart although wooyoung had a coughing attack in front of her.

why is my heart like this? gosh dammnit you can't catch feelings for this much of an idiot.

lulu tried to escape his hold but he didn't budge and kept looking at the pond, lulu's curiosity took the best of her.

she took a deep breath before asking the risky question, "why do you really want to meet her?"

"didn't i tell you already-"

"but it's just a spark, it doesn't mean anything.." lulu said and wooyoung stayed silent.

wooyoung looked elsewhere and lulu suddenly felt guilty. "i'm sorry, she must've been important to you.."

wooyoung nodded. "it's okay."

lulu looked down.

what's so special about her?

"i'll try my best to find her.. do you know her name?" lulu asked sitting up.

he shook his head. "she doesn't know my name, i don't know her name."

lulu looked back at the pond. "facial features?"

"hm.. almost like yours but she had bowl haircut and short hair. she was a bit chubby and her eye smile was so pretty."

lulu nodded. "how did you meet?"

"it's stupid but it was because of a frog."

lulu's heart beat fast, her memories were still foggy. "a frog?"

"yeah, she was about to kiss it but we ended up in a fight." he chuckled out loud.

lulu widened her eyes. how come it sounded so familiar?

"lulu?" wooyoung looked at lulu and started to shake her a bit.

"huh?" lulu looked at wooyoung.

he chuckled at the sight of confused lulu. "you dozed off."

lulu smiled a bit to show that she's okay. "i'm okay."

wooyoung sighed. "how come you turned nice?" he mumbled.

"what was that?" she asked.

"nothing," he smirked and watched the waters bubble, "by the way, i hope you don't get the wrong idea. we're just friends."

lulu couldn't help but to feel sad. she let out a sad smile. "right."

it was quiet and none of them moved. only the sound of people chattering, the cars passing by and the water flowing was audible.

"wooyoung, after we find the girl, will you forget about me?"

"of course i will." he joked and that earned a death glare from lulu, "of course not dingus. why do you think that?"

lulu let out a shaky breath. "nothing."

wooyoung was curious but decided to give lulu time, knowing she'd tell him eventually.

_-__-_---__-

im back to writing again! yaayyayy