Chapter 12

Jihoo's P.O.V.

We sat on the bench for a while till Ella calmed down. Toffee sat in front of us wagging his tail. I was holding her hand during this time.

She looked at me "he won't bite, right?"

I blinked my eyes to say yes. She slowly kneeled down in front of toffee and patted him in hesitation.
Toffee barked in response. She smiled and then ran her fingers through his fur which toffee seemed to enjoy.

"He's nice." She said looking at me.
I smiled.

"Just that I've never been close to them. So I was a bit scared." She said patting him.

"Not a bit. A lot!" I said as I sat beside her. "You were scared to death."
She smiled feeling shy.

"He's the special one to me. When I rescued him he was in a pathetic condition. We didn't expect him to make it even for that night. But he survived. He is a true warrior." I patted him. She looked at him.

"Today children from the orphanage will come here to pay a visit." I said.

"Orphanage?"

"Yeah. We run an orphanage. So I thought of you to meet them and help me."

"Oh, I see."

"Would you like to visit the other animals?"

"Yeah."

We went to see the cats, dogs and the birds. Toffee followed us the whole way. Ella seemed to enjoy a lot.

Ella's P.O.V.

After a while a bus came with the children. They were so happy to see Jihoo as they ran towards him.

Oppa! How are you?
Oppa, we didn't expect you to be here.
Oppa, I stood first this time!
Oppa I won the science fair!

And so many things. They seemed to treasure him a lot. I smiled to see the way Jihoo handling them. I've never seen this side of him. Everyone knows him to be so calm but he is really good with children. He's really very kind. I kept staring at them. He looked at me and smiled.

"We have a guest here today. " he pointed at me. "Don't you wanna meet her? Let's go" he said.
The whole crowd followed him as he came to me.

"Guys, this is doctor Ella. Greet her."

"Good afternoon, noona!"

"Good afternoon."

"Do you know they have beautiful names." Jihoo stared to introduce them. I wonder how he remembers their names.

"Is it your girlfriend?" A kid named hyun sik asked. I was surprised and didn't understand what to say. I looked at Jihoo to see him being clueless at this situation. Before we could say anything.
"Obviously she is! Yaa bhabo can't you say that? Have you ever seen anyone here before? It's a special place to oppa and he'll obviously bring only his special person here. Isn't it oppa?" Another kid said.

"Kids come here." The lady who brought the kids called them.

"Yes, Ma'am" they ran to the lady.

"Let's go" Jihoo said to relieve the awkwardness. I nodded.

Jihoo's P.O.V.

We followed the children played with them and had fun especially Ella. She was way more childish when she was playing with the children as she was picking up tricks with them. The kids too enjoyed her company.

Finally it was the time for the kids to go. I asked Ella to distribute the balloons among them as I was doing for the chocolates. she was more excited than them to see the balloons. She gave them the balloons and made the kids kiss her back. We left as the bus left.
She was upset to leave toffee behind. She has started liking him. We left the place and got in the  car.

Ella looked so happy. I'm sure she enjoyed a lot.

"I feel comfortable being among them. These kids really make me happy." I said as I drove the car.

"They're really very nice. Their innocence can heal anyone." She said

"So do you." I looked at her. "You're also very innocent like a child." I said being clueless to what I just said.

She smiled not being understand to how to react.

"You enjoyed visiting there?" I asked

"Yess! I loved it!" She nodded like a child. " Thanks to you I was able to enjoy a day like this!" She smiled. "And I loved the animals a lot especially toffee!"

"Is it so? What is your favourite animal by the way? Was it there?" I looked at her for a while.

"I love koalas! They sleeps for 18 hours a day! It must be  fun!" She raised her brows.

I couldn't but laughed. " Do you like to sleep that much?"

She nodded. " you see it's more like a necessity. Sleep I mean" she looked through the window. " sleeping allows me to escape all my emotions. That's why..... That's why I love it. At least I can forget about the world for that period of time. This is the only way to take a break ." She looked at me.

I looked at her. "Well there might be other ways too like you did it today. You just need to get out of your bubble."

She smiled. " you see whether I'm inside or outside the bubble if I'm the only one to roam around it's  not gonna make any difference. So being inside my bubble is the safest."

"I heard you've travelled a lot of countries. I wonder why you're talking like that." I said as I parked the car.

"It can't be called traveling. I was actually trying to go away from the known peoples around me. Found that maybe that way I can get less hurt. So I never stayed in a country more than 3 to 4 years. " She looked at me.

"Is it so? Then Korea must have been a great one for you as you're still here." I said entering the house. Ella followed me smiling.

"I actually thought of leaving this country as soon as I landed here as because it's already my native country. But then I got reason to hold onto." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Gurrae! That must be a strong reason as it's still holding you back. May I ask what was that reason?." I asked looking at her.

Suddenly her face became expressionless. Looks like she's struggling to say something. She looked at me for a while and then gave me a regretful smile.

She looked down and mumbled to say "What if...." She looked at me. "What if I say that.... you were the reason?" She gave me a sharp gaze.

"Ne?" I got shocked to what she just said.

"What if I say you were my reason for being here for all these time?" She still has that expressionless look.

Suddenly it became deadly silent. It felt like even the time has stopped.

I didn't understand what to say. I'm completely clueless right now.

"I..." I mumbled when I heard my phone ringing.

I looked at my phone and then to her. Looks like she snapped out of it as she looks nervous.

"I.. I'll go get changed" she said and left immediately for her room.

I took the call.

"Hello?"

"Hei, it's me, Yijeong."

"Yeah, Hi."

"How are you? Did you forgot us completely?"

"It's not like that I've been so busy. I just came back from work."

"Oh. I see. We're gonna meet today. I'll call you once we reach there. Okay?"

"Okay." I hang up the call. I looked at the direction of her room then headed back to my room.