Chapter 4

There are a lot of ways to make me lose my train of thought. 

You can shake my shoulder, say my name, wave a hand in front of my face, tap my leg. I didn't know pushing me was one of them, but now I do.

"Hey, watch it!" I said with a sharp tone. My fingers rubbed the spot where I had been hit and I swiftly turned around to face the person who decided it was nice to walk into me like that when I obviously wasn't paying attention. I might've been my fault for spacing out, and I might've been shamefully thinking about Max but that's besides the point.

"Sorry." The person surprisingly looked at me even after I gave them such a rude tone. I was taken aback by their appearance. They looked awful. The guy was tall, much taller than me, wore an oversized hoodie, the bags under his eyes went on for miles and he looked more sleep deprived than I was, which is impressive. His dark brown, almost black hair curled up around his eyes and the way he looked at me gave me a guilty feeling.

It looked like he was the pushed one.

"It's... Cool." I stared at him a little longer than I should've. Could you blame me though? He looks more like a zombie than I do!

He gave me a once over and then kept walking away from me. Should I have offered to take him to the nurse? Although the nurse is here for like five minutes every Wednesday so I don't see a point. With a shrug I kept walking. I tried not to think about it to much, hoping he would just take care of himself.

I haven't seen him here before though.

"Spencer!" Kevin waved towards me and Luke stalked on his heel. I gave the two of them a half assed smile to show them that I noticed their presence.

"Hey, guys." I greeted. Like Evan had felt it in his bones that we were meeting he suddenly appeared from the hall on the right.

"And the gang is assembled!" Kevin joked and swung his arms around mine and Evan's shoulders.

"Don't ever call us a 'gang' again." Luke said with a grunt.

"Agreed." Evan and I said in unison.

"So, guess who just aced math?" Kevin was a master at ignoring us it seems. He jumped over to another conversation topic like a frog. Luke seemed happy for him at least.

"Woah, seriously!? I thought you just got like average or something." Kevin made his short blonde hair bounce when he smacked Luke on the chest. Tall ass Luke. Wait, was that dark haired guy from before taller than Luke? Hah, I doubt it. Luke's like the tallest in the school.

I wonder if Max is tall?

Always Max, Max and Max. Shut up Spencer!

"I'm king at math, you know this. Why did you doubt me you prick!?"

"But you fall asleep like every other math lesson..."

"So?!"

"'So'? What the fuck, Kev."

"I'm sure he did some naughty things to Mrs. Willow." Evan, why?

"You just had to put that image in my mind, Ev." My straight brown hair flopped upwards as I threw my head up in a disgusted groan.

"Yeah, gross." Luke stuck his tongue out, clearly grossed out.

"I'm hungry." I swear, Kevin is hungry all the fucking time.

"You're not even going to deny it?" I turned my head to look at Kevin who still thinks it's a good idea to hang on my shoulders and probably break my back.

"Nah."

"What." We all said in unison. In response, Kevin just giggled. What the hell. Why am I friends with these guys, I swear to God.