Chapter 16

"How long is your winter holiday?" Now that all the Christmas hype was over I could finally focus on the fact that we have holiday now! No school for days and I could chat with Max 24/7, I'm living the life!

"less than 2 weeks idk"

"Cool. Me too :)"

So, what do we do now?

I was going to suggest playing games, specifically the one where we met but Max beat me to it.

"I don't want to seem weird or anything but can we like exchange numbers? It just feels strange not seeing you on my contact list even though we talk so much." Should that make me feel like I might get a heart attack? Is it normal that I fell down my bed, reading those words? Yeah, probably. Am I going to wuss out and tell him no for the second time?

No.

"sure" I had to check so I had written my number correctly into the Discord chat bar like a hundred times before I shakily pressed enter. It was like every time we did something that brought us closer it was like I was taking another step towards a volcano, to my doom.

Giving my number was taking a few leaps.

"Shall we try and send a message? ;)" How can he just handle all of this - whatever this is - so smoothly and so well?! It feels like I'm the only one freaking out about talking with a guy online!

"ya" 'ya', seriously? Sometimes I don't understand myself.

I turned off the Discord app and stared at my home screen. The basketball team had just played a really big match against another school and we all took a group picture. It was that one game where a player actually made me trip. I fell to the ground with my cheek taking most of the damage, luckily I had my hands up so the fall wasn't so bad since I was carrying myself, kind of. I didn't lose any teeth in any case.

I stared at my cheek who had swollen up and looked about the size of a tomato. I was still smiling so widely though. I couldn't even see my own eyes. We won that match.

I almost dropped my phone when it made a ping sound. "Knock knock." I swear to God.

My finger tapped on the banner with his message on and went to the message app. Shaking my head, I changed his name to, 'TheGuyIHate'.

"whos there" Might as well play along.

"Robin." What the fuck.

"Robin who"

"Robin YOU. Hand me your money."

"whats wrong with u"

"I have a sense of humour?" I saw the inside of my head.

"u just triggered anyone whos ever made a good joke, like ever"

"I triggered myself?" Sometimes I fucking wonder.

"nice talkin with u bye" I went out of the app and saw the banners going down.

"I was kidding." "Come back." "Why you leave meee" "Is this because of the 24th when I fell asleep? Or I actually didn't" "Don't be petty drop it" "You're not petty I'm joking" "I command you to return this instant, peasant" "afhjdhgkdfgjdf"

I lost it at peasant. Not that I wasn't grinning way before that. While clutching my stomach on the floor as I laid there laughing until my eyes watered, I returned to his sad lonely chat.

"u know," I began, high on glee. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing anymore.

"u know, chatting with u really makes me so fucking happy" I reread my message. Again. And again. Then I lost it. I buried my face onto my floor no matter how gross it was and I squealed until I didn't recognise my own voice.