Chapter 5

"Woooah if we go on like this we'll hit a streak to fifty!"

"You said it, Yozu!" Enez cheered and I heard him slam his keyboard. Calm down, Jesus. I just won like a billion PvP matches, no biggie.

"Cheers for Lancer!" Ammonal laughed breathily into the mic and we heard a clinking noise.

"Are you seriously drinking right now?" Evan, or Atlas in this case sighed. Yozu and Enez groaned in sync while I just laughed. Of course he's drinking. He's Ammonal.

"I'm going to play All star on your funeral when you die." I said with a heart full of love.

"That meme is dead, bitch." Oh, bitch.

"You're the dead one here."

"Stop fighting about a meme, Jesus!" Evan, AKA Atlas, AKA Mom broke me and Enez apart. We all stayed silent for a moment.

"It is kinda dead though."

"Fuck you."

I hung up. I ignored the messages of Evan saying he was sorry and he was just kidding. I wasn't actually angry, I'm not that petty. Okay, a little bit.
Although, here's my chance of chatting with Max. It's been a few days since we talked last time which was where I kinda lied about dinner. Honestly, having a few days to clear my head was nice. I realised I don't care at all.

Max is just a fun change of pace who gets me. After a few weeks we're going to grow steadily away from each other and it's going to be like the other didn't even exist. Max who? Kind of.

MaximumCray is online

Would you like to send a private message to MaximumCray?

No                                  Yes

Lancer01 has created a private chatroom with MaximumCray!

"Hi"

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

What the hell?

"u know i can see ur online right"

Still no reply. Why the fuck is this dude ignoring me? What did I do? 

Scouter trotted over to my legs and sat with his tongue out. I gave him a half assed glance only to return my gaze to the screen. Scouter decided to jump up on my lap. I sighed, not really in the mood for a clingy dog.

"Not now, Scout." As gently as I could I raised my leg in hope of him jumping down. He didn't budge. I scoffed, fine do whatever you want. You are just as free as this piece of shit Max.

MaximumCray is typing...

Sometimes I wonder if Max is just chatting with me out of pity. A lonely guy at three AM decides to say hello to a random stranger out of the lonely feeling they had in their stomach. Is this when Max decides to take his shit and leave? Leave the lonely guy at three AM in the middle of the deserted field?

"Hey, Lance." Ugh, can he stop being such a bore. Why's he so serious? Can't we just forget what happened a few days ago, it wasn't even anything!

"whyre u so serious" 

"Why haven't you written to me these past few days?" Thanks for ignoring my question. Dick.