Chapter 30

So how do I invite Dominic to our game without being a total weirdo?

Sure, I think the idea is hilarious but do I really have anything else? Also, since when have Evan been wrong?

Maybe I should just send a text? Would that be ignorant? Do I really have to apologise first? Technically I didn't really do anything wrong. I asked him a question which he denied to answer. Simple as that!

I sighed at my reflection. It's definitely not as simple as that. What I asked was personal and probably something that isn't one of Dominic's favourite things to talk about. I knew that, yet I still opened my mouth.

Should I apologise before or after I invite him?

My phone chimed loudly on my desk. I flinched and brought it up to my ear without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Spencer?"

My eyes went wider than planets. I stuttered out inaudible words as I froze in shock.

"Mikayla?" I couldn't believe it. Mikayla had just called me. The girl I rejected weeks back. The girl who made me start this whole mess with breaking our friend group up. She didn't call the wrong person either. Since she well, said my name and she hasn't hung up yet.

"Yeah..." She chuckled breathily into the mic. The soft sound seemed awkward and nervous. Of course she would be awkward, she's just calling the one who crushed her feelings.

"Wow... It's uh- been a while." I rubbed the back of my neck stiffly.

"Yeah." She said again. I wasn't sure what to say after that. Asking why she was calling seemed to abrupt or rude. Mikayla was like a tiny bunny who got scared over the smallest of movements. I gave her some time to breath instead and waited for her to say something. She must've called for a reason after all.

"I called because..." She paused.

"I guess I was tired of all this?" I furrowed my brows and fixated my eyes on Scouter who's stomach was going up and down on the bed. He snored soundly, not a care in the world.

"What do you mean?" I had a hunch but I still wanted her to clarify.

"I miss hanging out with all of you. I'm not stupid either, I can see how much this affected Luke's and Paige's relationship." I hummed. I wasn't sure what to say really. My ex-friend suddenly calls me, telling me she misses the group. What am I supposed to say?

"Paige she's... Friends over boys." I scowled at that. So Luke is just some boy to Paige? It angered me to hear that since Paige is Luke's world almost, so when Paige walks away he crashes. Hence why he's going back to his abrasive ways.

"Luke is Paige's friend. They're boyfriend and girlfriend too but they're also friends. Paige isn't acting reasonably." I snapped. Mikayla went quiet and I immediately forgot just how timid Mikayla is.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you, Kayla."

"It's okay." We were silent for a few moments.

Mikayla sighed. "I called because I want all of us to get back together. I thought..." I imagined her walking around in her room with her pyjamas, trying to find the right words.

"... I thought making up with you was the best start." I huffed out a small chuckle. She's right. Since it technically ended because of us it should also start with us.

"You're probably right."

"I know right?" We laughed. It felt nice to hear Mikayla's voice. She seemed more energetic and cheery. Weird but nice.