Chapter 10

Paige isn't talking to me.

Why am I mentioning this? Because if Paige isn't talking to me then that meant Luke, Kevin and Mikayla aren't talking with me. Meaning, I have no friends for the moment. Except Evan when he wasn't with the other ones, trying to get them to talk to me.

Apparently Mikayla told Paige about our little confession-rejection situation. Paige ended up being so pissed that she convinced everyone to not talk with me. I would say this is unfair but I honestly expected this. Doesn't mean that it hurts any less though.

Luke gave me an apologetic look when he walked passed me in the halls before though. He knows my situation yet he still chose to listen to his girlfriend. AKA the one telling everyone what a dick I am. I don't blame him, Paige is a person who's hard saying no to.

Evan has tried numerous times to tell them to stop being so childish but no one listens. And I just stepped in dog shit. Great. Fantastic. Marvellous.

I paused my running momentarily to scrape the bottom of my foot against the grass beside the street. Running after a bad day at school used to be the best way to make me sleep at ease, yet it seems like even that was ending badly. Not that I ever really sleep good.

I was still breathing heavily by the time I got the dog stuff off of my foot. A little break won't hurt. Break, AKA pulling up my phone to chat with MaximumCray. I jogged over to a tree and fixed my thick but also breathable training pants. Bless these. Without them I wouldn't be able to run in this cold. The training jacket is, meh.

As I entered Discord I sighed in relief. This guy is online all the time I swear. It was only then that I noticed Max had actually written first. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey, I just recorded myself playing piano. I don't want to seem all cocky but do you wanna hear?" I grinned so widely I thought my jaw would break. He wants me to hear? Max just succeeded in making my day not-so-bad.

"1. u dont sound cocky at all 2. sure let me hear it 3. you wrote first for the first time bich took ur sweet time" Instead of replying Max just sent the video. 

I never thought I'd be so happy from seeing a black screen.

I scrolled up the volume, good thing I'm the only one here. Just like the last video that I have saved on my phone, a raspy cough was heard. This one sounded more clear though, did he get a better mic or phone or something?

Then a soft melody started playing. I felt ticklish and goosebumps gathered around my body, I shuddered. How does he do that?
I have heard this song before. I put my ear against my phone, listening intently.

Please never fall in love again by Ollie MN

The one song I played for him. Oh, fuck. My hand landed softly on top of my mouth in shock. This is like, the sweetest thing someone- anyone's done for me. Ever. Half way through I began singing along, albeit quietly.

And if some other guy...

Catches your eye.

Please, just text me your goodbye.

You know I don't look pretty when I cry.

A lady walked by and gave me an odd look while dragging her poodle close to her. I didn't care but stopped singing nonetheless, it was hard to continue since the corner of my lips were on their way to space.

When the last keys were played I exhaled in bliss. How can I just write a simple thanks to him now?

"this is the sweetest thing someones ever done to me" I said truthfully. This was just perfect, me having a bad day and Max coming with his Superman suit and saving the frickin' day.

"I hope we can play together sometime." My smile fell, but just a little.

"me too"

"u know" I started, my fingers hitting the screen like no tomorrow. If I'm going to be honest, the time is now.

"u know i had a really sucky day today so thanks for sending that vid it was nice"

"What why? What happened? :(" I sighed into the dark area. I might as well tell him.

"the girl i rejected had a friend who took it rly badly, she made everyone in our friend group stop talking to me she glared at me all day and i had to walk alone" Yup, that's basically it but I sound so petty. Am I petty?

"That's mean. Did the girl who liked you take it badly?"

"she was sad but she didnt scream she hated me or anything, we're still friends according to her"

"Why doesn't she tell her friend that it's rude to shut you out when she wasn't even that angry by the rejection?"

"shes scary and a control freak, like Regina george plus i hurt the girl that i rejected, of course shes pissed for her friend"

"So? You shouldn't have to walk in the halls all alone, you just told her how you felt. They can't possibly think everyone is going to get a 'yes' when they confess. You feel so naked when you're all alone in school, it's not fair."

"u sound like u know how it feels"

"Yeah, something like that."

"oh"

I was sure all the blood from head to toe all headed to my cheeks as I blushed in the dark by the tree where I stood. Max is getting angry for my sake and it's making me feel things that I don't like. What I also don't like however is that Max just admitted that he walks or used to walk all alone in school. Doesn't he have any friends?

"dont u have anyone to be with"

"Not really. I just started a new school and I wasn't very liked at my other one." I paused to stare at his text. Wasn't liked? How can you not like sweet, sarcastic, funny, cute, silly, amazing Max?

Oh, my god I just called Max amazing, silly, cute, funny, sarcastic and sweet.

"how is that even possible"

"What isn't possible?"

"that u werent liked"

"AWwwwwwhh Lanceeee that's so nice of you to say :'D" I wanted to know why he wasn't liked but being called 'awh Lance you're nice, laughing crying smiley' sits fine with me.

"why didnt ppl like u"

"Hahah"

"wtf tell me"

"I don't know if I should." I frowned and lowered my eyebrows. What does that mean? Did he do something like really, really bad? No way, it's Max, he's like the nicest person I've ever met.

"tell meeeee ive told u bout all the shit im in rn its ur turn"

"Okay, fine. You asked for it. But please just I don't know, don't view me differently?"

"just say it"

"I beat up a guy." I blinked. What.

"oh"

"Yeah."