Chapter 7 : I Remember to Say Hi to George and Martha..... Finally

Percy

After Lou and Lacie  left, Nico came towards us slow clapping. Yeah. Slow clapping.

"Wow guys! That was quite a show."

I narrowed my eyes at him. When did he become sarcastic?

"Nico, where were you the last few days? Will was worried sick about you." Annabeth asked.

"Uh! about that," Nico said rubbing the back of his neck, "please don't tell him that I shadow traveled. I was actually with dad."

"Okay then. Will's in the Apollo cabin. You better go and meet him."

Then Nico nodded and ran off in that direction.

Annabeth -still dripping wet by the way- turned towards me and punched me in the arm again.

"What was that for?" I complained again.

"For splashing water on me." She answered while crossing her arms over her chest.

 I grinned. "Awww. But you still love me."

"Shut up!" She said looking away from me, but there was a blush creeping up her cheeks.

"Oh! but you know you do." I told her giving my puppy dog eyes.

"Okay fine." After a few minutes she finally gave up.

I put my hand around her shoulders bringing her closer to me, and instantly the water on her evaporated. Annabeth could rival a ripe tomato right now.

She playfully slapped my arm and pushed me away. "Well thanks for drying me up. But I really have to do some work for Chiron. I'll catch you at dinner okay." She said and left after pecking me on the lips.

And I went to the Poseidon cabin to unpack my things.

_____***** GIVE THIS TIME SKIP TO DINNER A NAME *****_____

I sat at the Poseidon cabin alone -as usual- and Lou and Lacie were sitting at the head table along with Chiron and a very grumpy Mr.D.

After dinner was over Chiron stood up and welcomed the twins to camp. Just then a spinning caduceus appeared over their heads marking their parentage, if it wasn't obvious already. A cheer erupted from cabin 11 as Lou and Lacie was claimed by their father.

After all was over, and everyone had left the dining pavilion I headed for the beach. I removed my shoes and kept them near a bush and sat down in my usual spot and inhaled in the scent of the salty sea.

I gazed out at the sea. I always felt calm near the sea, and also powerful cause this was my father's domain. I looked at the waves crashing against the sandy shore. I heard the distant sounds of the sing along and couldn't help but smile, when thinking about the messed up yet wonderful family I had. I'd never be ashamed to call this my home.

Normally I wouldn't have heard it but being near the sea helped enhance my senses, and I turned towards the sound of footsteps on sand coming towards me.

A man who looked like a traveler was approaching me. I knew him so well I had to resist the urge to laugh.

"Lord Hermes!" I stood up and knelt on the ground before him. "Also, Hello George and Martha." I said after I stood up.

"Finally remembered us, didn't ya? I was under the impression that you had Amnesia and remembered only a certain grey eyed, blonde haired daughter of Athena." George teased.

"Quit the sarcasm George. The boy has already suffered through enough." Martha countered.

This time they were in the form of a walking stick.

"Well, we meet again Percy. I'm probably the olympian you see the most, except for Dionysus." Hermes spoke up. "And for some reason I always seem to find you sitting here."

I had a good look at him. He still carried the same sad expression that he had the last time I met him.

"Well, I can say that I don't mind talking to you Lord Hermes." I said.

"Is it okay if I sit down?" He asked.

"Of course." I said and we sat down.

"Thank you Percy. I'm happy that you're the one who found my son and daughter."

As soon as he said that, a question that had been bothering for so long jumped out before I could stop myself.

"Then why weren't you able to claim them all this time?"

Hermes turned dark. "They were clouded from me."

"This is not good." George said.

"For once I agree with you." Martha told as well.

I was under the impression that they never agree to anything. And if they do it must be pretty bad.

But me being me, "What do you mean?" I asked anyway.

Hermes sighed, clearly frustrated.

"I honestly don't know." He said and sighed again.

He became silent as if he was in a fight with himself -which I probably thought he was, being a god and all-. He seemed to be weighing the odds of telling me and not telling me. After a pause which seemed to drag on forever he spoke up.

"You know what Percy. I'll tell you the whole story. From the beginning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 797

Date published: 19/12/2018

Oooo cliffy!

You'll find out what the story is in the next chapter. Until next time.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶-