Chapter 17 : Friends, Foes and Plans

Percy didn't know if he should be worried or not. Annabeth had been distant lately not to mention that she had been avoiding him and seemed to be more busy than usual... Of course it was expected from her as a war was approaching and she as a daughter of Athena didn't like not knowing. But these days even he couldn't persuade her to take a rest. But Percy knew she would get over this... phase... of hers once she had found some reliable information on which they could plan their next move on. So he shouldn't be that worried... but he couldn't help but feel uneasy about the whole ordeal...

Anyways it's not like he was much better either... He wasn't exactly living in a library, but he knew that he was pushing himself to train harder. He didn't want to lose anyone to another war. He hadn't even told his mother about the war because he knew she would worry for him. He didn't want her to be involved with the gods and their problems. She had a loving husband and her dream job. Not to mention that she was pregnant. He didn't want her to go through anymore trouble.

Percy was too busy hacking on the training dummy and was drowning in his thoughts that he didn't hear the footsteps that was coming his way. At least not until said person tapped him on the shoulder and he whirled around and the person found Riptide at their throat.

"Whoa! Calm down Perce it's just me."

"G man?" Percy said as he lowered Riptide and capped it.

The satyr could only nod grinning but didn't get the chance to say anything as Percy gave him a huge bear hug making the former chuckle.

"Gods Grover! It's so great to see you! I mean I did meet you on my birthday, but we didn't get to talk much cause you had to leave early. How are things going on with the nature spirits? I mean you sure are busy-"
Percy was cut off from his rambling when his friend started to laugh. And he looked down rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. He was excited to see his best friend again...

"I know Perce! I missed you too! And I will be staying here for a few weeks this time."
Grover said finally controlling his laughter.

"Yeah... So... Anything new on the war?"

"Not really..." Grover answered scratching his chin where a slight beard was starting to form.
"Just the usual stuff that we've heard over the last few weeks."

Percy pondered this. They've been getting the same information repeatedly. If there weren't monsters out in the open... then where were they? They had to be somewhere right? It's not like they would willingly go on a vacation to Tartarus.

"Thanks for everything Grover..." Percy didn't know why but he felt that he needed to thank him.

"Awww... thank you too Percy!" Grover said as he put an around Percy's shoulder and leading him out of the arena and towards the dining pavilion where campers were all having lunch.
"The hero of Olympus should not starve. Besides I'm hungry. Hopefully they have leftover tin cans."

Percy could only smile when his best friend dragged him to his table and plopped down next to him. Things didn't seem so bad after all.

_^_***

"Lou! Lou!"

"Hmm?"

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm...?"

Lacie was about to blow now... She had been trying to get Lou's attention for the past fifteen minutes. And still he ignored her. Only continuing to eat his food silently. Normally he would be the one to start small talk and would talk non-stop with her. And now she had to force him to get him to talk 10 sentences to her.

This continued like this for another five minutes and Lou got up from where he was sitting next to Lacie after finishing his food and left without even a simple 'bye' towards her.

Lacie groaned. It was never like this before. Now she had to inform someone about it. She didn't know who she should tell this to. It was frustrating to say the least.

'Maybe Percy can help.' She thought.

Speaking of Percy, it seemed like he and Annabeth was drifting apart... Annabeth was hardly seen and even when she was it was like she was avoiding Percy altogether and it was like a lot of the camp knew, because they were normally never seen separately since the last war as she was informed by older campers...

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But all of it changed the day their mother revealed the truth about their father. And now her mother was dead and her brother was growing distant... And she will fix this.

_^_***

How naive.

It's only a matter of time until all of their little world crumble. Piece buy piece.

They don't know what's coming for them. He had been waiting a long time. And when he succeeds he'll be known as the person who defeated the gods. A title no one has achieved yet.

He already had put his plans into action and two of his pawns are already in place. He only had to use one more to get what he wanted and then everything else will go according to plan. The prophesy had given him confidence. It did not mention a winner. Which meant he had a chance of winning just as much the gods did. And right now he was a couple of steps ahead of them.

They are all confused by his little actions. After all only he knew where all the monsters were. Because he was the one controlling the armies. They aren't in a secluded place either. The demigods just didn't know how to look.

Until the next phase of his plan starts all he had to do was control the demigods according to the plan. He would wait patiently in the shadows lurking until the correct time.

_^_***

Miles away Hazel Levesque woke up with a gasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1018

Date published: 25/12/2019

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!!!! 🎅🎅🎅

Sorry for keeping y'all waiting for a loooooong time!!!! Anyways I hope y'all are satisfied with the chapter!

Any guesses on who the bad guy is?

And where exactly have the monsters disappeared to?

Let me know what y'all think about the story and any ways to improve in the comments.

Btw, this chapter is dedicated to jasonholland14 for motivating me to write this chapter. Sorry to keep you waiting!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶-