Chapter 21 : Son and Father Bonding Time?

Percy sat on a boulder infront of the ocean. His gaze landing on somewhere beyond the horizon. Seeing but not seeing at the same time. It had been a while since he had stopped crying and still hadn't said a single word. His ADHD felt almost non existent as his limbs hung loosely as his mind tried to process all thought; to get himself together.

The being next to him sighed.

"What happened my child?"

Poseidon didn't know what to do. He was a god and gods weren't normally present in their childrens' lives. And yet, this time he couldn't ignore his son. He knew he was in a vulnerable position... He felt it in his castle. The shift of the waves and the voices of a thousand fish alerted him about his son. He was surprised when his son broke down when he hugged him. He only wanted the best for him, and at that moment it was the best that he could do.

Percy slowly turned to look at his father. He was glad that he had come to him. It meant that he truly cared and it was meant a lot to him.

Poseidon had never seen his son so vulnerable. His eyes were bloodshot and droopy from crying, his hair was a mess and his shoulders were slumped.

Percy took a shaky breath and ran a hand through his hair. He looked at his hand and saw it was trembling... Again he took a deep breath and began to tell Poseidon what happened.

-^-***

"I- I can't believe she did something like that dad! I- I can't!" Percy put his head in his hands.
"What should I do?"

"I can't either son... But can you remember anything weird that happened?"
Poseidon knew he should probably be telling his son to forget about Annabeth, but even he knew Percy was too in love with her to break it off without a proper explanation from her. Also he knew this sudden change of heart she had in a week with a prophecy promising war happening at the same time couldn't be a coincidence.

And the line... 'A hero betrayed shall again prevail'... His son, yet again, played a vital part in a prophecy declaring the fate of the world.

"I... it was different... Their eyes... seemed to glow? Yeah... her eyes were... black..." Percy was quiet for a moment. "That means they were controlled right?! My Wise girl didn't cheat on me?" His eyes were hopeful and waited for Poseidon to confirm it; to confirm that the girl he loved didn't betray him. And Poseidon did confirm it. This whole situation was way too fishy.

"Thank gods..." Percy sighed. "Do you have any idea who the bad guy is dad? I'm pretty sure it won't be Nyx. Who else is there who has darkness as their domain?"

"I have a guess... Let's talk to Athena shall we?"

-^-***

"Thank you Lady Athena!" Percy said as he swiped his hand through the mist, ending the Iris message.

"Whatever you plan on doing, I want you to be careful son. I don't want you to get hurt."

"No promises dad."  He laughed but immediately sobered up. "I want to say thank you... for everything... I know you didn't have to help! And you probably have godly duties to attend to; but, I mean the gods never really cared either.... -Oh! That came out rude- I mean-"

He was cut out of his ramblings by Poseidon's chuckle. He blushed and scratched the back of his neck embarrassed knowing that his ADHD had taken over and he was rambling. 

"I know son... We should've been there for our children more often. I also know that you were hurt by my offhand comment when we first met. If anything I should be apologizing to you." Poseidon turned to face Percy and put a hand on his shoulder. "I want you to know that I'm proud of you my son. The sea will always listen to you. Never forget that."

"Thanks dad!" Percy whispered as Poseidon vanished into a spray of mist.

-^-***

Percy was inside the cabin he and his mother had on the beach when an Iris message opened up infront of him.

 He had breakfast from a nearby diner having payed for it by some of the money Poseidon had left for him. He had showered and changed into a fresh set of clothing that he kept in the cabin for emergencies. He was about to leave when the IM came in.

"Uhm! Hey Percy!"

It was Lacie who had taken the call and she looked nervous. The place she was at was familiar to him. It was not like he could forget the obsidian black pillars of the Titan base and the wailing of Atlas.

"What the Hades are you doing there Lacie?!"

"Ugh, yeah... about that... I was kinda' kidnapped I guess...?" She continued after seeing his un-amused expression. 

"Which is besides the point! I- He wants to make a deal Percy... He wants you to come up here to negotiate... It's like a win-win situation -according to him that is- Ya know, taking down two birds with one rock kinda thing... Anyways, I gotta go. He expects you to be here in 48 hours."

He could almost feel the desperation in her voice as she said the sentence before the last... As if she was wanting him to understand something before she ended the call. He could see how desperate she was too... 

'Taking down two birds with one rock...'

And then realization hit him with the force of a freight train...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 925 

Date published: 15/06/2020

So... what did y'all think about this chapter?

Did y'all like the small bonding thing Percy had with good old Poseidon?

What was the realization that Percy had which is so important? I hope y'all will be able to guess.

And... should I keep on writing in 3rd person? Or should I do 1st person chappies like my first few? I like both... but it was important for me to write the middle chapters in 3rd person due to the different scenes... I might be able to write from 1st person pov now that I have covered some important stuff... (plot points I guess? I honestly don't know) And if you want 1st person, which character do you want it to be from? (I would not do any from the bad guy's pov tho)

Speaking of the evil baddie... Who do you think it is? Any last guesses?

And... also... this book is nearing its' end... A few more chapters to go...

So yeah! That's it I guess!

Stay safe people!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶- 

The Final Warजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें