Chapter 18 : The Secret Behind

Hazel didn't know what was going on with her... for the past couple of days she couldn't seem to be able to sleep properly and would have nightmares that she couldn't remember... the only thing she remembered from them was an evil laughter.

This time she did remember something... something about them not knowing how to look?

She looked towards the clock on the wall. It was... 3.00 in the morning... She sighed.

'There is no use in going to bed now.' She thought before getting dressed and heading to the library. She spent hours looking through various books for something that could help them in some way... Percy had given her the task of locating where the monsters have disappeared to with her powers over the mist and underground. She and the other Roman's have searched relentlessly to find something to no avail... and yet...
It was then that something came to her mind...
'The mist was quite thick there... what if?'

-^-***

"Are you sure about this Hazel?"
Percy asked from where he was contacting them through Iris Messaging.

"It's the only thing we've got until now..." Hazel answered him and felt Frank lace his hand through hers.
It was around 8.00 a.m. and Hazel had told Frank about her idea and had contacted Percy to tell him.

Percy ran a hand through his hair. Hazel wondered if he hadn't had much rest the past few days. His eyes were bloodshot and there were bags under his eyes. And he looked exhausted with the way his shoulders were slumped a little.

"I guess we don't have much choice then. But be careful. It still is the base of the Titans."

"Don't worry Percy. I'm going with her. And also a daughter of Hekate will come with us." Frank told him while giving her hand a small squeeze.

"Okay then! Whatever y'all say" Percy said his usual troublemaker grin returning. "IM me after you return. Be safe!"
Percy said giving them a two fingered salute before cutting off the connection.

-^-***

"Are you sure this is the place Hazel?"
The daughter of Hekate who came with them asked bending down to examine some tracks on the sand.
She was sixteen an had been in the legion since she was 9. She was the most talented in the use of mist at camp Jupiter. Only being second to Hazel. Her name was something that went along the lines of Kaneara... or something like that. Everyone called her Kay.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure. As Percy said this place was the Titan's base. And the mist is also unusually thick. As if-"

"As if someone's trying to cover something." Kay said with widened eyes.

"Ugh guys! Could y'all maybe speed up? I'm having a bad feeling about this place." Frank had his bow drawn his eyes darting around to look out for danger.

"Let me try something..." Kay told them as she closed her eyes and chanted a prayer to her mother before she uttered a spell and like a curtain opening the thick fog parted a little bit just enough for the three of them to peek through and as soon as they saw what was beyond the veil of mist they turned back and ran towards the way they came from when they had to stop abruptly.

"Where do you think think you're going little demigodsssss"

Because right infront of them was a dracanae with a fleet of monsters behind it.

They all got into a ready stance when the monsters charged.

The dracanae stood back while the other monsters that consisted of over 20 huge hellhounds and 50 telkhines attacked them.

Frank was alternating with fightin with his sword, shooting arrows and changing into different animals and attacking.
Hazel was using her power over mist and underground abilities and had summoned Arion and was now using the horse's speed both to attack and dodge.
Kay was using her two daggers and was firing spells at a rapid pace.
But they knew that not all could survive this attack. Even three powerful demigods who were now tiring fast couldn't hold against the monsters and even if they take out all the monsters, their commander, the dracanae would still be alive.

"Hazel, Frank we can't win there's still a lot of monsters left. We won't make it." Kay called out while taking on two hellhounds. "Well... at least all of us won't make it. You have to go."

"We won't leave you!" As Hazel said it she knew it wasn't going to happen.

"Please go! I can make a distraction. You two should be there when the final battle happens."

Hazel knew there was no other choice. And as the daughter of Hekate let out a roar that unleashed all her power to disintegrate more than half the monsters left on field she and Frank used the distraction to get on Arion and to ride off.

'I won't let your sacrifice be in vain.'

-^-***

When they finally reached Camp Jupiter, Reyna was already at the entrance. They went to meet her after sending Arion away with a gold nugget to eat.

"Thank gods you two are okay! We were worried..." Reyna started to say only to see that one person was missing. "...where's Kay...?"

It was then that Hazel finally collapsed and let the tears come as Frank held her while recounting what happened.

'It's all my fault! I asked her to come... it's all my fault...'

-^-***

'The first death, the beginning of many. The gods would not know what hit them'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 929

Date published: 28/03/2020

Aaaand Done! Whew!

Long time no see guys and gals!

Hope y'all enjoy this chapter too!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶-