chapter5

JOLIES POV

as we pulled up to ruby's house i start to call her, to make sure she was in.

"hey rubes, you in?" i ask her over the phone.

"jol sorry no, i just ran out to get a few things" she told me

"ah it's okay i've got a spare key, bye love ya" i say and hang up.

"i'm assuming she's not in?" billie asks me while i rummage through my bag looking for the spare keys.

"yeah she's not in, she said she ran out to get a few things" i told her.
"um..." i hesitate a little "i don't think i have the spare keys to her apartment" i say, putting my hand on my forehead in shame.

"you could come back to mine for a bit if you wanted. it's near here" she offered with obvious persuasion.

to be honest that's exactly what i wanted to do. i did have the keys but i was just hoping she'd take me somewhere so we could spend more time together.

"yeah sure! it's not to much hassle is it?" i ask before we leave.

"nah, don't worry it's cool" she smiled and started driving to her house.

-

we shortly arrive at billies, we both get out the car and we are greeted by a dog running up to us.

"hi pepper!" said billie in a high pitched voice

"aw is this your dog?" i say as he runs up to me, wagging his tail.

"yeah, he seems to really like you, guess you're a keeper" she said as she gave me a slight smile. "c'mon, i'll show you around"
she pulled me up from stroking pepper and dragged me to the house.

"hey mom this is jolie" said billie as we were greeted by a woman with a pretty smile and brown hair.

"ah nice to meet you!" she shook my hand and took my coat from me and hung it up.

"hey bil!" we heard finneas shout from upstairs.

"hey bro" she shouted back, i wish my brother were like this back home.
"do you want anything, a drink, some food?" she questioned.

"nah i'm good thank you though" i said

we walked up the stairs and first went into finneas' room.

"hey you remember jolie right?" asked billie.

"yeah... you offered her a ride the other day" finneas said, raising his eyebrows.

"stop looking at me like that dude, we're going into my room so let us chill for a bit" she told him with a little glare in her eyes.

"yeah yeah. chill" he winked at her and she turned me around and took me out of his room.

"what was that all about?" i laughed as she walked me down the hall to her room.

"i- uh- nothing it doesn't matter" she said
"this is my room" she turned the light on and it lit up a radiant red colour.