chapter 24

Jolies POV

"jolie." billie whispered.

"huh? what? oh. sorry." i jumped up from lilys side, where i had fallen asleep.

i rubbed my eyes and looked over at her, she was still sleeping so i checked the time.

3:18am

after she had survived the flatline last night, i didn't leave her side. i wanted to make sure she was ok the whole time.

"the doctors gave us the ok, they said they'd be out in under a week and we could go and get some actual rest if you wanted. but i'll stay if you want to." she whispered as she made her way to me, not wanting to wake anyone.

"i think i need the sleep." i yawned.

i took my time standing up and kissing lily and mila on their heads before wandering over to billie. she was stood by the door with open arms waiting for me.

i didn't say anything, i just wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her, her immediate response was to put her arms around my neck and hug me back.

"thank you bil. for everything the past few days, it's been wild but you've made it better." i whispered and looked up to her.

she looked down and smiled. she quietly planted a little kiss on my lips and opened the door to let us out. we walked hand in hand down the hall and didn't let go until we got to her car.

"do you want a hotel or do you wanna go home or what? it's your choice i want you to be comfortable." she asked me while i shut the door.

"i think i wanna go home. a long drive with you is what i want right now." i smiled.

"it's like you read my mind." she chuckled.

i plugged my phone into the aux cord and played a song. it was the exact song that i was feeling right now.

billie looked at me and smiled as soon as the song came on. she sang along to can't help falling in love by elvis presley.

i giggled and leaned over to kiss her.

"i love you baby." she smiled into our kiss.

"i love you a million times more." i said as i leaned back into my seat.

"try and sleep or something, you really need the rest babe." she told me.

i shut my eyes and let the soft music drown out my surroundings and fell to sleep.

-

i woke up to a familiar smell and my face covered by a blanket. it took me less than a second to know that it was billies.

i yawned and sat up but billie wasn't next to me. i looked down to see myself in one of her oversizes t shirts and my clothes were folded up in the corner of her room.

my phone was charging next to me on the nightstand and there was a glass of water with a little piece of paper that looked as if it had been ripped from a notebook or something.