chapter 22

billies POV

i pulled up to the hospital, not bothering to park anywhere. i just knew i had to get jolie in there as soon as possible.

"c'mon." i turned off the engine and raced out around to pull her out of the car.

"aren't you gonna park?" she said, frantically keeping up with me.

"hell no. we gotta get you in there."

i ran up to the front desk to ask where her family where. jolie stood behind me, so blown away at the fact this happened all of a sudden.

"babe." i said as i walked over to her.

"where are they?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"they're... they're in the ICU..." i stuttered.

she said she trusted me that they'd be okay, and they're in the Intensive Care Unit. i didn't think it would be this bad.

"oh my god." she gasped.

she started speed walking down the long halls and i followed after her. she reached back to hold onto my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"it's down here!" she shouted, bursting through the doors.

we got to the desk, in front of a glass wall with doors in it. we don't go to the desk we just go straight through the doors to the patients.

"excuse me, family members only." a nurse says, stopping me and jolie getting to her family.

"but-" jolie gets cut off.

"no buts, who is the family member here?" she asks.

i look at jolie with her tears in her eyes and let go of her hand.

"she is." i sigh.

"okay, you need to wait outside miss." she says while she pushes me out of the door, shutting it behind us.

jolie puts her hand up to the glass for a few seconds to meet with mine before i watch her run over to her sister, lily, who is only 15 years old.

the whole world fell silent as i watched her kneel down and hold on to her hand. my heart physically ached at the sight of her sobbing into her sleeve.

my eyes welled up while she got up and ran to her other sister, mila, who is only 8 years old.
she sat by her side, stroking her head and talking to her. all while crying.

i was completely unaware of anything else that was happening around me. i was so focused on how jolie was handling this situation.

she got up and walked over to her grandad. she held onto his hand and i saw her stutter a few words to him until she turned to her grandma.
i knew how close she was to her grandma and how hard it must of been for her to see her like this.

-

jolies POV

"grandma. i love you. don't ever forget that." i cried a little more before getting up to see billie again.

i walked out and she didn't say anything. i could tell she had been crying along with me.

"come here." she whispered and pulled me into a hug.

i buried my face into her hoodie, crying softly as she grasped onto me and kissed the top of me head.

"they're gonna be okay." she tried to make me feel better, which actually kind of did.

"they don't know how long for, but they're all in comas." i told her.

"listen. i will postpone my whole tour for you-"
before she could get another word out i stopped her.

"bil no, you have to go on that tour you can't just stop it because of me. it's where you're happiest." i said.

"jolie that's wrong. i'm happiest with you babe." she kissed my forehead and let me lean into her once more.

"you're going on tour." i told her.

"no i am staying here with you." she argued back.

"billie, please all your fans are depending on you. it will make me feel horrible if you cancel for me."

"are you sure?" she asked.

"one hundred percent. i'll call you every day and facetime you." i said to her.

"promise?"

"i promise." i hugged her once more.

"i'm gonna stay here for the night, just in case anything happens." i informed her.

"i'm staying with you then." she immediately said.

"what? really?" i asked

"i leave tomorrow night, i'm sure i can stay." she squeezed my hands.

"i don't know how much i could ever thank you for all the things you have done for me bil." i looked up into her eyes and she kissed me on the lips quickly.

"i'll go and find somewhere they'll let us sleep, you go get some food it's really late and you haven't eaten." she told me.

"okay i'll be quick."

i watched her walk over to the desk and i left the ICU to go to the cafeteria. i sped walked down the halls, holding onto the necklace billie got me for my birthday.

i pulled out my phone as i walked.

me: thank you again
i love you

bils❤️: i love you more

-