chapter 9

JOLIES POV

"c'mon everyone we've gotta go!" eli shouted to us as he ran downstairs

billies head was resting on my shoulder while we were watching tv, but the sound of eli shouting made her jump.

"fuck dude you scared the shit out me man" she harshly said while glaring at him, she picked up a pillow and launched it into his face.

"mind the hair! the hair billie the hair!" eli yelled as billie proceeded to throw more pillows at him.

"hey, hey billie!" i shouted. she quickly stopped and turned towards me. i threw a pillow in her direction and to my surprise, she caught it. my immediate reaction was to jump up and run, so i did.

"jolie wait, wait there!" she threw down all the pillows, leaving eli, isaac and ruby all dying of laughter in the living room.

i stopped just outside of the door. 

"don't throw one at me!" i laughed.

"don't be silly babe i'd never" she giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck and placed her lips on mine. i kissed her back for a while, but eventually i pulled away.

"what? did i do something?" she asked in a panicky tone.

"no, you just make me smile so much. i can't believe such a bad thing turned out to be this good." i said to her, leaning into her shoulder.

"what? what bad thing? your bus not showing up?" she asked.

"oh- i- um- yeah! yeah, my bus being late" i stuttered.

"jolie..." billie lifted my head and looked straight into my eyes. her eyes were so beautiful i could get lost in them.

"is there something you're keeping from me?" she looked worried. maybe she cares. maybe she's the one who actually cares about me.

"um... no, why?" i slowly answered.

"are you sure? you just seem like your hiding something" her hands ran down my arms and she grabbed my hands, gripping them tightly.

"i'm not hiding anything" i looked down, avoiding eye contact. i felt my throat close up and i grasped her hands. when i held her hands i felt so safe and i didn't want it to end.

"you can trust me you know. i trust you. you can trust me, i promise." she spoke so softly, her voice was like a warm hug that made everything better.

"it's just... i-" i couldn't say more than three words because i was afraid i would just breakdown. my vision was suddenly blurred from the tears welling up and i tilted my head down more so billie couldn't see anything.

"jolie?" she whispered.

i didn't answer. i let go of her hands and threw my arms around her waist. i pressed my forehead against her body and she wrapped her arms around my neck. every time i hugged her i felt safe and that's all i wanted to be.

i felt two hot tears fall down my cheeks and i hugged billie tighter so i knew she wouldn't let go.

"are you okay?" she quietly said into my ear.