Chapter Eight

Izuku was walking next to the man that he feared more than anything in world.Ochaco had been very adamant about going with he father into the town and explained to him,"It will be your chance to impress him."The idea on theory was good,but Mr.Uraraka was determined to find a flaw in her daughter's boyfriend.Midoryia was aware of the man's determination to find the fatal flaw,but he was not going to give the man anything.The entire drive the hero spent his time thinking of how to respond to any question thrown his way.Deku needed a plan and he surely was not going to slip up when it involved Uraraka.

The entire day out with the burly father was quite uneventful.They spent the hours running errands that were sometimes interrupted by small talk.When ever the brown haired man would open his mouth,Midoryia would run multiple mock questions through his brain but would always be relived by the ice breaker.

The sun was finally beginning to set along the countryside and it was time for the two men to return home.The pair stepped into the truck and Deku sat down in the worn seat.He knew the inevitable questions were coming,but what were they going to be.Even after spending a day preparing for the fated interrogation,was not prepared for it.He loved Ochaco and wanted to do everything to keep their relationship as clean as possible,but distaste from her dad could cause some trouble.The messy haired man was staring out of his window when the rough man finally asked a question."why Ochaco?"

Izuku had been expecting a question of this nature,but the way he worded it was strange.The man was making it out as if the woman was not someone he should have any interest in. Deku turned to the father and shot him a confused look."W-What do you mean why?"

Mr.Uraraka took his eyed off of the road and rolled his eyes at his passenger.He kept one hand on the wheel,while he talked to Deku."You know exactly what I mean.You're a hotshot hero and my baby is a secretary."

"What are you getting at."Izuku then gave the man an annoyed expression.He felt as if this man was dissing his own daughter.

"You're a hero so shouldn't you be dating other heroes and doing everything in your power to top the headlines."

"No."

"Then what is it about her.Is she some stepping stone for you or a object."

Izuku clenched his fist at the remarks.It not only upset him that the father believed he was using Ochaco,but that he believed he didn't love the woman.Sure,he and her have only been dating for about two weeks,but he knew it was love and he couldn't be with anyone else."Why do you think I'm with her?"

"I don't know,but my best guest is because she is simple."

"Simple?"

"Everyone in the city is high maintenance and selfish,but she is the exact opposite.She only needs the necessities and puts others before her."

Now Midoryia was pissed.The father of his girlfriend believed that he was dating her out of ease.Deku then had an epiphany on how to talk to Mr.Uraraka.Typically Izuku had to be careful with his words,but a blue collar man like Uraraka wanted honesty and a little bit of edge."Do you really want to know why I am with Ochaco."

"I better or you will not be welcomed in my house."

"Because I fucking love her.Okay it is that simple,so do not lump me in with all of the other heroes because we aren't even close to the same thing.I was not a prodigy as a child,actually I was quirkless.The damn thing didn't manifest until I was fifteen and it only appeared after working my ass off for ten months.And on top of all that it did this to me."Deku then shoved his mangled hand in the man's face.The burly man was speechless,but Midoryia was not done yet."It broke me every-time I used it and everyone told me I was never going to be a good hero.It only took them seeing me brake myself to protect others on multiple occasions for them to give me a fighting chance.So you know why I like her?She isn't entitled like most of the world and is perfect.She's cute,funny,nice,smart,hardworking,and I could go on but it still wouldn't be enough,so that's why I love Ochaco and no one even you will keep me from her."