Chapter Forty-Five

The metal chair screeched against the concrete floor as Izuku pulled it back. The dark-haired man sitting across the metal table with his hands cuffed cringed at the sound. Deku sat down and bit his lip as he stared at Sakiato with a scowl. The hero's right hand left an indention on he looked at the psychotic man. The prisoner looked at the plain table and muttered,"I'm sorry about the kid. I never meant to h-hurt him." The man closed his eyes as he remembered what he did to the little boy nearly a week ago.

Izuku asked coldly,"Why'd you do it ?"

"Shoot the boy ? I already said it was an accident."

Midoryia gritted his teeth as said,"Not that, I'm talking about everything else. I don't buy your sorry excuse."

The small room the two men sat in seemed to grow even colder as the A/C cut on. The old mechanism made an annoying clanking as Sakiato talked to Deku."People need to know that heroes are unreliable assholes."

"Says the one who took lives," scoffed Izuku as he rolled his emerald eyes.

"What I did was justice."

"Justice ! You're justice i-involved....my boy !", shouted Izuku.

Sakiato shot Deku a cold glare."I'm not so sure he was your boy. A man's son should never have to ask their father if they love them." The blue-eyed man shook his head,"And I can't even imagine how much it hurt him to know you kept the truth from him. Most parents don't tell their children little white lies to preserve tier innocence, but you." Sakiato laughed at Izuku,"You broke his heart. Every damn day he talked about how the heroes would save him and that since I was the bad guy I'd lose, but he only got half of it right- even with that god-like power of yours, you still couldn't save that kid."

Izuku acted without thinking and flipped the steel table. The flying object sent Sakiato into the air and Midoryia ripped the man's cuffs from the table. Deku then grabbed the man by the inside of his uniform and held the man high."I should've killed you that night," snarled Izuku.

Sakiato stayed emotionless, there wasn't a flicker of fear across his face."Then you'd just prove me right, and let the whole world know the truth- you're a fraud. I'll never forget the rampage you went on when that girl of yours was snatched up, it was quite the spectacle."

Deku's grip on the man's collar increased with each word."I'm going to make sure you pay for everything, for every person you hurt, every hero you killed, and especially for what you did to-"

"Midoryia, put that man down !"

Deku stared into Sakiato's eyes for a few seconds before dropping the man onto the cold floor. Izuku then turned to see detective Tsukauchi and growled,"Make sure he goes through hell in here."
.....

Izuku sat at the table and stuck a fork in his beef. The man was zoning off as he stared at the food and a worried-stricken expression was painted across Ochaco's round face. The short-haired woman placed one of her hands over Izuku's mangled one and softly asked,"Do you want to talk ?"

"I'm fine."

Uraraka frowned,"I can tell when you lie to me."

Izuku looked up from his plate and fixed onto where Ko always sat at the dinner table."It's nothing you can help me with."

.....

Ochaco rolled around and began to lightly mumble,"Izuku." The woman continued to twist and turn until she shot awake and the woman turned to see half off the bed empty. The woman looked at the spot where the man typically slept and saw nothing but wrinkled covers. The woman let out a sigh and frowned,"He's done this every single night."

.....

Izuku sat in the dark room and gazed out the large window. The freckled man watched the vibrant city's lights closely as a faint beeps and breaths could be heard. A woman opened the door to the room, but quickly closed it once she noticed Deku resting in the corner of the room. The man sat in a blue-cushioned chair and rested his head on his clasped hands.

Midoryia's green eyes darted from the window and to the small, occupied bed. The man then broke down into tears."I-I'm sorry for everything, I really failed you didn't I ? I should've told you everyday how much I loved you. And how proud I was of you, but I didn't. I was always bragging to my friends about how awesome you were and how I good you did in school, but I never told you. I-I hope you know I love you, and couldn't ask for a better son." The messy-haired man stood up and clasped his hand over the child's smaller one."How am I suppose to be the symbol of peace, if I can't even be a father." The man then opened the room's door and placed his hand around the frame before walking out. Deku then turned to the comatose Ko and wept,"I need you to wake up so I can tell you the truth, and how much I love you. I now get what it takes to be a father, and it's a lot more than some damn slip of paper, it takes everything I have, and I won't screw up again if I get a second chance- I can promise you that."

Fun Fact: when I wrote the chapter where the gun fired Ko was dead. I had made up in my mind to kill him, but I switched it to Miro because people pointed out killing a child was messed up. So that is why miro's death seemed so rushed.