Chapter Thirty-Eight

Izuku banged on the large door to the home and stuffed his hands into his jeans. He whistled and looked down at the flower pot below him. Eventually the door opened and in the doorway stood Ochaco. Midoryia had not let her or the Todoroki's know he was dropping by, and he hoped his decision to drop by would be a welcomed surprise. The woman yelped," Izuku !", and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Deku placed his hands on the girl's hips and laughed," Hey Ochaco."

Uraraka relinquished her grip and asked,"W-What are you doin' here ?" It was then that the brunette noticed how tired her boyfriend looked. There were sign of strain behind the man's typically bright, emerald eyes, dark rings under his eyes, and his hair was messier than usual.

"I wanted to stop by here before we..try to end everything."

Ochaco's giddiness died just a little bit at the news of Ko not being saved yet."Oh, but that means you're close right ?"

Izuku placed a hand over his freckled face."Y-Yeah, we think so."

Ochaco then noticed she hadn't allowed the man to come in and she moved out of the way. Deku let out a tired yawn as he entered and looked at the layout of the home."I always forget how nice their home is."

Ochaco giggle,"It's kinda mesmerizing ain't it."

"I think all of this is more Momo than anything."

"Why's that ?"

"Back in school she struggled to adjust to our dorms."

"Really, she seems kinda down to Earth for someone who's like super-duper rich."

"She is now.." Izuku then chuckled,"But back then she was a little snotty at first."

Ochaco let out a gasp. The elegant woman had done nothing but show kindness to Uraraka over the past two weeks. Deku looked at the large kitchen in the distance and posed a question."Do you know if they've got anything for a headache ?"

"Probably, they have just about everything else."

Midoryia followed the short woman into the kitchen and watched as she rummaged through the cabinet for something to help the man. As she stood on her tippy toes the woman's shirt rode up her stomach and Izuku saw it- she was beginning to show, and he hadn't been around. Deku was going to say something, but the sound of small footsteps against the hardwood floor behind him made him smile. The green-haired man turned around and dropped to one knee. The little girl holding a fluffy, red apple with a purple worm poking out with glasses tackled the man to the ground."Uncle Izu !"

Midoryia fell onto the tile floor in the room and laughed as the little girl hugged him."Jeez, you've gotten so big Miki !"

The little girl giggled as she jumped up and down on the man."You came !"

Izuku put his hands around the child's sides and lifted her into the air."Okay, how about we stop jumping on me- I'm sore."

The girl looked down at the man holding her and sweetly apologized,"Sorry." Deku sat up and placed the girl he was holding on the ground.

Ochaco had two blue pills in her left hand and a tall glass of water in the other, and across her soft face was a beautiful smile."She must really like you."

Midoryia shot up to his feet and took the two items."She better, Miki was my favorite girl til you came along."

Uraraka raised an eyebrow and gazed down at the child."Oh really."

The grey-haired girl ran in front of Deku and pouted with crossed arms,"You said I'd always be your favorite girl."

Izuku shrugged his shoulder as he chugged down his glass of cold water."Sorry sunflower."

The girl adjusted her glasses and smiled,"It's okay cause I like her, and only because I like her."

"Well there you have it, I'm Miki approved," joked Uraraka.

"Lucky you cause the last one wasn't," wisecracked Izuku with a smirk.

Ochaco rolled her eyes and said,"Ha Ha, very funny."

.....

Shoto and Momo walked into the living room and scratched the side of their heads as Izuku, Ochaco, and Miki played cards. The tall man cleared his throat and asked,"Midoryia, what are you doing ?"

Izuku rolled over and onto his feet and walked towards his long-time friend. The green-haired man pulled Shoto into a strong hug and muttered into the man's ear,"You're daughter is a cheater."

Shoto tried to hold back his laugh but it was too much. The man bent over and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to regain his composure. Deku gave Momo a quick hug before his powerful friend was able to ask Izuku what he wanted to know."So what brings you out here ?"

Izuku blew a puff of air out of his lips before answering."I need you two to help me out."

Shoto shook his head,"You better be happy I like you."

The man's wife gave him a slap on the back and whispered,"Stop acting cold Shoto; you know you'd do anything for Midoryia."

"So what else do you need ?", inquired Shoto.

"We're about to try and get Ko back, and we need all the help we could get, so why not enlist Japan's number one power couple."

.....

The adult sat at the kitchen table and discussed the situation. Miki has been sent up stairs due to them having "Adult talk" as Shoto put it. The red and white-haired man tapped his fingers against the table and pointed out,"If me and Momo were to travel to Musutafu then who would watch over Uraraka ?"

"I figured she could come home."

"It's your call."

Momo then asked Midoryia," How come I haven't heard about anything ground breaking on your case ?"

"Because we need to keep everything as low-key as possible."

"Why is that ?"

"To avoid panic," murmured Shoto.

"Okay, that makes sense."

Ochaco asked the question that three of them had been wondering."How did ya'll make such a big jump in the case ?"

Izuku cleared the lump in his throat and whispered with an emotional voice," Tamaki Amajiki was found dead... with an address and date around his neck."

Shoto took a deep breath before asking," Why wait ?"

"Because no-one knows how dangerous this mission will be. This guy has always been two steps ahead of us, and if he's going to put himself out like that, than it's because he's confident. He wants us to find him."