Chapter Fifty-Two

Izuku sat at the small bench. He ran his thumb across the rusting metal mindlessly as he sipped on his drink. The sweet cola caused him to jolt. Ko looked at Izuku, with his brow arched curiously. He pulled apart his funnel cake, layering his fingertips in the powdered sugar. The boy asked with a full mouth,"Are you okay ?"

Izuku shook his drink, causing the ice to clamor against his cup. He could not make out how much was left through the blue tinge of the large cup."Yeah, it is just awful sweet."

Ko reached across the table and snatched the cup from Izuku.

"Hey !", yelped Izuku."I was going to drink the rest of that !"

Ko let out a sigh before gulping down whatever remained in the cup. He then slammed it on the table and explained,"Midoryia, I need you to focus."

Izuku leaned back and looked into the sky. It was clear; a cloud was not within miles of the city. He said with a laugh,"We came here to not focus. The whole point of a fair after all is to be distracted."

Ko slid his funnel cake to Izuku. Sugar spilled over as it came to a stop. Izuku looked down at it suspiciously."This thing is the only reason you agreed to come; what do you have planned ?"

Ko let out a sigh."Look I get it. You're a mess because you don't know when Ochaco is gonna pop, but I really need you to Dad right now."

Izuku shot up slightly. He straightened himself out, and his face grew stern. He asked before taking a bite of Ko's dessert,"What do you need ?"

"Advice."

Izuku nodded his head and began to think to himself.' Advice, I can totally give him advice.' "Alright, what do you want to know about ?" Izuku smiled as he felt himself growing into a father.

"Girls," whispered Ko with an uneasy face. The boy's shoulders slumped, and his messy hair fell over his eyes.

Izuku nearly choked on his funnel cake. He  coughed viciously and pounded on his chest until the struggled ceased. Ko gave Izuku cloudy eyes.

Izuku's eyes shot away from the boy. He looked at his wrist, and watched as the silver hands of his watch ticked as seconds passed. He muttered under his breath,"Ochaco, where are you ?"

"Midoryia," said Ko."Can you help me, please ?"

Izuku cursed to himself before smiling,"Of course I can. How else would I have snagged Ochaco ?" 

"Thank you !", shrieked Ko. 

.....

Ko walked with Izuku. The boy stuffed his hands away inside the pockets of his baggy hoodie. The cotton was soft on his small hands, and the crimson was beginning to fade away from months under the sun. He looked up at Izuku, who walked with hesitation in his steps.

Izuku tapped his chin and muttered to himself. He was trying to save himself from the muddy puddle he had gotten himself into.

"Midoryia, where are we going ? "

Izuku stopped walking and raised a finger.  His eyes sparked and a smile pulled at the corners of his lips," To find lesson one !"

"Step one is simple," explained Izuku."You must earn her respect in someway."

Ko repeated Izuku as he jotted down notes into a notebook. Izuku looked at the white notebook in the boy's hands. He recognized it and asked,"Where did you get that ?"

Ko held it up and said,"Oh, this old thing ? I found it in your room, but threw away all of the pages. There was a lot of useless notes on heroes in it. None of them were even registered anymore." The boy closed the notebook and tucked a pen behind his ear."So how would I earn a girl's respect ?"