Chapter Thirty-Two

Deku winced and placed a hand on his temple as he ran with Tenya. The tall hero patrolling with Izuku turned to face his former classmate and sent a worried glance the man's way."Midoryia, are you okay?"

Izuku stuck up a hand to keep his friend from approaching him and answered the speedster in a wobbly voice."Y-Yeah- yeah, I'm good." The green attired man then straitened out and shook his head before breaking into a sprint once again. Unbeknownst to Tenya there was a faint ringing in the back of his comrade's head.

.....

Deku pressed his ear piece and called out to Iida."Do you have eyes on the van?"

Ingenium scanned the road as he answered Izuku."Yeah, it's about to take a right down Shibuya Crossing."

"Sibuya? That's in the center of the city, that doesn't make much sense."

"You're right, but that's where they're going."

Izuku bent his knees and prepared to take off."Maybe they're new to this whole crime thing." When Deku flew into the clear sky he laid eyes on the black van, but as he neared the vehicle the ringing in his head only worsened. The man gritted his teeth as he landed in front of the speeding automobile and stood strong. Typically Deku's presence alone was enough deter a vehicle from continuing, but this time that wasn't the case. The driver only swerved off the road and onto the nearby sidewalk that was littered with innocent bystanders. Midoryia moved quick and latched onto the bumper of the car, but vehicle had momentum and was pulling Deku towards a family. Luckily for Izuku Tenya was nearby and quickly shoved the family out of the way. This gave Izuku the chance to release his hold on the rear of the Van and guide it into a brick wall. When the crash happened Deku dropped to a knee and let out a groan of pain. The buzzing in his head finally reached a peak and seemed to explode, but then it disappeared after the climax.

After making sure the family was unscathed the tall hero rushed to his friend's side and helped the much shorter man to his feet. Tenya gave Izuku a condescending look."You're hurting again aren't you."

Izuku responded in a dazed state,"I-It's gone now." The messy-haired man then regained his bearings and walked over to the black van that had just crashed head on into a brick wall. Deku ripped the door off the automobile and peered inside but found nothing."There's no one in here!"

Iida stepped forward and motioned for Izuku to step aside. Deku did as his partner asked and stared at Ingenium as he leaned into the drivers side.The armor clad hero stared at a flashing box for a few moments before fiddling with it's knobs. He watched closely as the frequency changed and he let out a "humph". The Tokyo native then turned to the freckled man behind him and gave Deku his analysis."The tech in there is quite advanced. My best guess is that whoever was operating this has a quirk quite similar to Hatsume's and is a whiz with inventions."

Izuku pinched his chin as he began to mutter."That sounds possible, but why? What purpose is there to send a van speeding down the streets? What if it was-"

Deku was interrupted by a voice in both his and Tenya's ear pieces.The woman spoke swiftly and a slight hint of confidence."We've got two new alerts boys."The sound of a beverage being sipped through a straw could be heard through the radio."There is another vehicle speeding down Kappabashi avenue and there was an attack at Horikoshi Elementary."

Worry flickered in Deku's green eyes."Horikoshi !?"

"Yes, there was a bombing."

Deku tapped the ear piece and looked up at Iida's blue eyes."I'm going to take the school, you deal with the speeder." Before Tenya could even answer Deku had already taken off into the sky.