Chapter Forty-Four

The sky was a dull grey and covered with a thick blanket of clouds. Rain poured down on the large group of people as they stood outside and stared at the photo resting. Every man and woman gathered there that day was dressed in a dark black, and many held weak umbrellas over there heads.

People slowly began to shuffle away from the gloomy place with red eyes and wet cheeks from their salty tears. Hours after the ceremony only a man and woman remained outside in the cold. Izuku held the umbrella in his right hand over him and Ochaco  as tears trailed down his freckled cheeks. The brunette wrapped an arm around Midoryia and struggled to squeeze out,"Izuku w-we sh-should get goin' ."

"It's all my fault." That's all the man could mutter as he stared at the tombstones.

Ochaco wiped away the moisture that had leaked out of her brown eyes and down her cheek. The woman then rubbed her nose until it was red and stammered,"I-If we stay here an-any longer we'll only feel worse; You know that."

"I-I could have saved..." The man trailed off as he began to cry even more.

Ochaco stepped from Deku's side and moved in front of the man. The woman then wrapped her placed her small hands on his cheeks and pulled his head down. The woman kissed the man, but his focus wad else where, and for the first time he didn't melt into a kiss with the love of his life.

.....

The world seemed to slow down as the round exited the chamber of the revolver in Sakiato's hand. The sound was unforgettable and seemed to ripple throughout the entire city as the only sound audible before hand was the soft patter of rainfall. 

When the smoke from the handgun exploded outwards, that was when Izuku first moved. Green electricity popped off the man's skin as he moved and towards the target off the bullet.

Sakiato's face was more pale then usual when the gun fired off. Instantly there was regret as he misfired and the man quickly dropped the gun onto the wet concrete. The silver revolver hit the ground and caused a puddle of water to splash up.

The gasp as the bullet connected was like an arrow though everyone's hearts.

Izuku reached out for the casing but it passed through the his hand before he had closed it and blood splattered. The thick, red fluid coated the gauntlet of Izuku's costume and the green covering the man's hand was partially coated with the iron smelling excrete.

The small boy fell to the ground with shocked eyes, and the water splattered onto Deku's face. The child's blond hair fell flat and lost its volume as water drenched it. Midoryia fell onto the boy and placed a hand over the wound. The man put immense pressure where the blood was flowing out and tried his best to focus on the boy's pale face, despite the tears flooding his emerald eyes.

The world stopped and no-one could move. Ochaco was frozen in shock and stayed motionless as Izuku sat on his knees next to Ko and cried. The women was knocked from her daze by a mental breakdown from the man that had pulled the trigger.

Sakiato laid on the ground and put his face into the wet ground, The man pulled at his long black hair and some could make out his muffled screams."I didn't mean to ! He's just a kid ! I'm no better than the heroes !" The man was going through hell, but no-one pitied him or the anger he held towards himself for shooting a child.

Uraraka moved quickly and slid onto the ground next to Ko. The woman began to cry as the boy's face began to slowly grow more pale with each minute that passed. Izuku looked down at the boy on the ground and wept,"Keep your eyes on me."

The boy weakly asked,"M-Midoryia w-why didn't you tell me ?"

"That doesn't matter now ! Keep your eyes on me."

Ko then broke down into tears."I-I don't want to die."

Izuku applied even more pressure to the gun shot as the boy cried."You're not going to." Izuku wept,"I'm so sorry, I-I should've done something sooner. I should've put away my morals and killed-"

Ko admitted,"It's okay, my daddy use to say bad things happen to bad people." Ko then reasoned with damp eyes,"I must have done something  to deserve this ?"

"Y-You're great, don't think like that. Y-You're gonna be okay because good people don't die, okay." In that moment Izuku remembered what Muscular told his years ago about spouting lip service he couldn't make true.

Uraraka kissed the boy on his brow."No,no,no, you didn't do anythin' wrong. You're amazing and I couldn't ask for a better boy."

"H-He told me no-one would ever love someone like me, was he right ? D-Did y-you love me ?'

"More than anythin' in the world."

"T-Then why didn't-"

.....

Izuku opened his eyes as he stopped remembering the night that would change his life forever and clinched his left hand. The man whispered,"We should get going." The couple then walked off from the cemetery as the rainfall began to worsen and a fog began to move in.

So how was it ?