Chapter Forty-One

The hallway was dimly lit by flickering lamps that swayed above Lemillion and Deku. The factory was unbelievably cold and the only sound that could be heard was the men's footsteps and the sound of metal grinding. Mirio took the lead and moved swiftly down the hall, but was stopped when Izuku grabbed the man by the back of his costume."W-What are you doing ?"

"Something's off," explained Deku as he looked around the dark corridor.

Togata looked down the hallway and squinted."I can't see a damn thing."

"Stay on edge, and be prepared to use your quirk at a moments notice; I can't help but feel like this guy has something planned for us."

.....

Bakugo ran out the front of the agency's door and looked up at the monster known as Gigantomachia."That's a big fucker." The magma-eyed man then snapped his head to Kurogiri."How the hell do you even teleport that !"

The misty man did not reply and instead tried to engulf Bakugo, but the hero rolled out of the way. Ground Zero then raised her hands and screamed,"Come on, who's first !" Katsuki had never forgotten about the nicely dressed man's Achilles heel, but the monster that rivaled the agency in size was a something else entirely.

Gigantomachia wore baggy cargo pants and a large radio was tied around his neck, everything else was bare. The monster roared with its rocky like jaw and slammed a first into the agency wall. The blow sent a chunk of concrete flying into the road and caused a giant crater to form.

Bakugo knew his priority was to keep Uraraka safe, and at the moment her biggest threat was the monster threatening the building's foundation. The hero ran up the building using his explosive quirk and leaped at the monster, but before his powerful blow landed a void of purple appeared. The man fell into the portal and was sent to the opposing building, where his blow landed and logged his fist into the apartment."Dammit !"

.....

Ochaco stood up from the bench she had been sitting on since Izuku had departed and curiously walked over to the front girl. She then peered out the glass and watched as Katsuki battled with the two villains, and a feeling began to form in the pit of her stomach. She wanted to run out there and help him, but he was one of the most powerful heroes and still struggled with the duo. Uraraka wanted to be useful, aid in the rescue of her adoptive son, but she couldn't.

The thin blond girl walked around the agency's halls and let out an annoyed grunt. She placed her hands on her hips and bit the inside of her cheek."I swear I've been down this hall ten times !" The bright yellow-eyed girl then looked at the same, plain white and blue wall she had seen countless times now. She then stared down at the boring tile floor and kicked it with her flats.

.....

The concrete tile below Mirio's foot gave in under his weight and a loud click could be heard. Deku lunged to push the man out of the way, but Togata activated his quirk and metal rod harmlessly passed through the man's body. Miro looked to Midoryia and smiled,"That was close."

Izuku stepped harmlessly over the metal rod and looked at the round-eyed man."That's not the last one."

"Maybe not, but if I take the lead and let them phase through me, then we'll be good."

.....

Bakugo grunted as the creature held the man in one of its strong hands and began to crush the hero. The fiery man grunted an began to let out an onslaught of punches onto Gigantomachia's  left hand. The creature dropped the man onto the ground and Katsuki recovered with a roll. The hero then grabbed his side and grunted in pain as he tried to fiend off the villains.

.....

The blonde girl almost yelped in joy when she had finally found the waiting center of the agency. Her yellow eyes locked on the brunette pacing around anxiously and the woman smiled. The woman then transformed into a well-known hero and put on her best act.

.....

Mirio and Deku had made it to a stair well in the factory.  The metal stairs curved down into a   basement and the railing was icy cold. The two heroes grabbed onto the railing and slowly walked down the stairs. Deku's metal boots banged against the cast iron as he stepped down. 

The two men examined the room they stood in. The place was wide open unlike most of the factory, and the open area was littered with different tables. The nearest workbench had many tools scattered across it and even a strange invention with a screwdriver stuck in it. The two men took tentative steps towards the many metal tables and looked at everything with curious expressions. The place was like Frankenstein's castle and they could not believe it. Deku stopped in shock and picked up a familiar looking device. The man then turned its knob and watched as its frequency changed."What the hell is that ?"

Izuku pivoted to face Mirio and flashed the invention to the man."It's something that me and Iida encountered the day Ko was taken. Vehicles were being controlled remotely around the city, and I guess this was the guy doing it."

Deku put the technology down and walked over to the most intriguing table.  The bench had a simple family photo of a short-haired, happy looking man with his beautiful wife, and a young boy that couldn't be much older then three. Midoryia tilted his head as he watched the monitors footage. The entire facility was under survey, but that it all. The former cell of All for One was under its view, the outside of All Might's agency where Bakugo battled was on display for Deku, and he watched as Hamiko Toga transformed into Froppy while only meters from Ochaco.

Deku turned in a hurry to face Mirio, but both men were brought to the floor by an unbelievable increase in gravity. The heroes grunted as the only thing keeping them from falling onto their stomachs was their strong arms.

Izuku's heart stopped when a familiar, emotionless voice called out,"Do you remember what I told you Midoryia, about you thinking you understand this world."

Deku gritted his teeth together,"Mirio...p-phase through the ground a-and find Ko, I-I'll deal with him !"

"M-Mido-"

"Now !"

The tall villain that stood above the two men dashed towards Lemillion, but before his glowing hand could grasp the large hero, the man had already disappeared  into the floor.

.....

The frail man stood on the rooftop and watched with a sadistic smile as the city burned. Sakiato grasped ko's blue hoodie and kept the pistol in his hand trained on the  back of the boy's head."Isn't it wonderful to see ?"

"You're hurting innocent people."

"Casualties are a necessity if I am to reach my goal. To bring down the corrupt gods to the public, I must first let people that bow down to them know the truth, when times get tough they'll always save their ass first."

"Y-You're not going to win; t-they'll stop you."

Sakiato pulled the hammer back on his handgun."We'll see if Deku can overcome these insurmountable odds."