Chapter Twenty-Five

Ochaco's lips parted as she considered the facts.The brunette tapped her fingers against the granite island in an attempt to calm her nerves.She then grabbed a strand of her hair and began to play with it between her soft fingers.After a few seconds the young woman hopped out of her chair and began to walk along the cold tile floor in the kitchen.Her steps were slow and her chocolate eyes were focused on the set of photos atop a light brown,oak credenza.Uraraka grabbed a carbon black picture frame and examined the memory.She smiled as she looked at Izuku holding Ko over his head and she wrapped one of her arms around the man's waist.When Ochaco placed the picture down she let out a sigh and walked into the living room.

The woman's pale feet sank into the soft,white carpet-and she felt at peace for the first time since the morning.Ochaco sat down on the light brown couch and leaned forward to grab her laptop.She opened the slender,black computer and typed in her password successfully on the second attempt.Uraraka guided the cursor across the screen and opened the same tabs as she did that very morning."It's just a coincidence..."The woman's voice grew weak as she uttered the last word."Right?"Her hazel irises followed each word and doubled checked every bullet point.She then clicked on the search bar and tried on last hopeless search.The answer was not what she wanted to hear,but it was the truth.The short haired adult placed were round face in her hands and let a few tears leak out."Why now?"

.....

Ochaco sat on the couch with a book in hand.She flipped to the next page,but stopped once she heard the rattling of the apartment's brass lock.She winced as the door opened and in walked a smiling Izuku.The hero placed a paper bag on the kitchen's island and walked into the living room.The man walked behind his girlfriend and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head."How did your day go."

Ochaco took an audible gulp."It was interesting."

"Good,cause we'll have something to talk about over dinner."

The woman forced out an awkward laugh."Yep."

.....

Izuku sipped his soda through the blue straw as he stared down Ochaco."Are you okay?"

The woman looked up at him with a mouthful of greasy fries and finished chewing her helping."Y-Yeah...why?"

"You're being un-unusually quiet."

The woman's brown eyes avoided the contact of his glimmering emerald one's and instead focused on a bland napkin."I-It's nothin' really."

Midoryia placed his half-eaten sandwich back on the table and cocked a suspicious eyebrow."It's nothing?"

Uraraka conceded and looked up at Deku,and as she spoke she put a small space between her thumb and pointer finger."Okay-maybe it's somethin',b-but we can wait til after diner to talk about it."Midoryia just nodded to her with concerned eyes.

.....

The messy-haired man sat on the couch facing his rosy cheeked girlfriend.Ochaco's legs were crossed and she fiddled with her fingers.Izuku reached across the furniture and placed his scarred hand over her's."Something's bothering you."

Uraraka looked up from her lap and gave Midoryia a worried glance."I-I need to tell ya somethin',b-but I don't know how to put it."

Deku gave her a genuine smile."You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Yeah,yeah-I do,but this is different."

"D-Different?"

"With most things we can just talk about it and never worry about it again,but that's not an option with this."

Izuku scratched his ear."I'm not following you."

Ochaco responded with a defeated groan."This is serious,like super serious and it's scarring me."

"Ochaco calm down.I'm sure we'll figure out whatever it is like always."

Uraraka's only option now was to blurt it out."Izuku I'm pregnant!"The woman only received a blank stare from Midoryia.The was motionless and the only sound that could be heard in their home was the ticking of an All Might clock.Ochaco's pulse began to sky rocket and her mouth moved before her brain could think."I-I-I took a test this mornin' after being sick again and it came back positive.But then I did some research and then took another one later and it came back positive again!"

Deku stood up from the couch and began to pace around the house.His fingers ran through his thick green curls as his mouth ran at an unbelievable speed."I'm the worst boyfriend ever.You didn't want this.I'm terrible.Are we even ready for a kid.Do you want a kid.You hate me now don't you.Oh God,I'm the worst.What did I do?What about Ko,we were suppose to-"

"I don't know!"

Izuku took a deep breath."What are we going to do now?"

Ochaco bit her lower lip."I don't know?We had everything planned out,but now there's this and I don't know if with a baby we'll have enough money to-"

"But we can't just-I got the papers today."

Ochaco slumped over on the couch and began to cry in defeat."I don't know what to do!"

Authors Note

So I had kinda been hinting at this and I was kinda surprised none of y'all mini Sherlock Holmes predicted this in the comments.Also,Kinda went crazy on the setting cause we were talking about that in school and I took it to heart.