Chapter Fourteen

Something felt off to Izuku as he walked down the street.Maybe it was the cloudy weather or the humidity,but he felt off this afternoon.After years of fighting deadly villains the man had gained a sixth sense that always seemed to flare up when something big was about to happen.Deku was clueless on his plan of attack for the first time in a while.He had always been able to draw up some wild strategy for situations like his current one,but at the moment his mind was blank.He knew nothing about this run down building and could only hope to find Ochaco in such a horrifying place.Midoryia stood outside the boarded up front door and pulled up his jacket sleeve."It's only 10:30 A.M. and he said they would move her around noon.I've made pretty good time."The green haired man continued to mumble to himself as he walked towards the back of the brick building.

Izuku did not bother to wear his costume for this occasion because the last thing he wanted to do was bring attention to him on a mission like this,and his bushy beard also worked well for his disguise.He truly had looked like a different man over the past month and he was not quite sure if he welcomed the change.During the past few weeks Deku had become somewhat of a loose cannon,but being this close brought back some of his old habits.He examined the wood used to secure the building from the public and noticed something strange about the material.'It's somewhat new.'He then knelt down and examined the nails.'No rust,so that seems promising.'The hero then kicked down the barricade and activated his quirk.But no one was there,it was too quiet for Izuku's liking.

Deku attentively walked into the old building and listened closely.He could not make out a sound,not even a whisper.The floor boards creaked below his old high-tops as he checked every corner.The first floor was clear and he made his way up to the second.A couple steps up and one of the old wooden steps gave out.The man's left foot fell through the gap and caught on a sharp,foreign object.He covered his mouth so he did not let out a sound,but the precaution was pointless.If he had the drop on anyone it was already gone with the loud bang caused by the decaying stairs.The second floor seemed less worn,but still molded.The wallpaper was peeling off of the wall and all of the doors were caved in.There was no one on this floor either.The steps to the finally floor were surprisingly stable and almost seemed trustworthy,buy Izuku was not going to risk a three story tumble.Each step was cautious and he listed for any sounds,but he couldn't make anything out.The final floor seemed resembled a place that a human would reside in.The walls were decent looking and the door was attached to the hinges this time.There was a lone door at the end of the hallway and Midoryia's hopes skyrocketed,but then that same feeling returned from earlier.He knew something was bad was incoming,but what was it?He slowly walked towards the door and eased his hand onto the handle.He tired to turn it,but it did not budge.It was locked.The solution was simple activate his quirk,and he did so.Deku broke the bronze handle off and walked into the room.The first thing he noticed was Ochaco asleep on a bed and he felt content for the first time in a while.He had been given the truth by Janpuna and he was thankful for that.She seemed unharmed.Midoryia could not make out a single scratch along her body and pulled off his large jacket.The man then placed it over Uraraka to keep her warm in the damp building."I'm sorry Och-"Deku was cut off by a creak in the floor board and milliseconds later he was sent flying through the brick wall by a powerful kick.

The blow sent Deku flying head first into a light pole and the hero landed directly in the city's busy traffic.A small car hit the man as he landed on the ground.It was a miracle that he survived such a impact,but One for All came with the added bonus of super human durability.Izuku began to cough up blood form the blows,but he had more important matters to worry about.Whatever had just hit was incredibly strong and likely had Midoryia in for the fight of his life.The hero spat a thick glob of blood onto the road and yelled at the top of his lungs."Get out of here it's not safe!Go!"The civilians just stood in shock at the fact that Izuku had just survived that much damage.All of the innocents stood in the open,until a deep,emotionless voice spoke up.