Chapter Twenty-Seven

Ochaco stood outside of the small house and took a deep breath as she lightly knocked on the thick,light brown door.The woman nervously swayed back in forth as she waited for an answer,but received nothing after a short minute.Uraraka knocked again,but this time when no one answered she peered through the floral printed glass and saw no one."Huh?"The brunette made a swift spin and walked down the small steps.The chocolate-eyed woman covered her face as the bright sun illuminated the country landscape.Ochaco turned the corner of the modest house and walked along the baby blue wall until she made it to the wooden fence.The adult tapped the fence with her finger and made a pop with her mouth as it swung open.

The short woman walked into the back yard and smiled at the sight in her parents' back yard.Her mother was wearing a sun hat and planting a flower into their garden,while Uraraka's father was carrying a bag of mulch.Ochaco ran a few scenario through her mind before making a decision.The rosy-cheeked girl smiled as she made her presence known."Daddy!"Mr.Uraraka placed the large bag down at the voice of his daughter and wiped the sweat from his wrinkled brow.

Before the man could utter a word his wife had already leaped up from the vibrant grass and was walking towards her daughter with outstretched arms."Sweetie,what brings you here?"The aging woman then pulled her only child into a hug.

"I can't just want to see my parents?"

Mr.Uraraka rolled his eyes."You haven't come here since December and last time it involved a boy."

Ochaco conceded."Okay maybe I need to tell y'all somethin',but can't we do it inside-away from the heat."

"What happened to my country girl?"

"She's in there...somewhere."

.....

Ochaco sipped her water and stared down the homemade cake that rested on the marble island in her parents' kitchen.Mrs.Uraraka smiled and asked a question."So what's the news?"

Ochaco gulped at the innocent question and tried to change the subject."Could I have a piece of cake?"

"Of course!"

As the middle-aged lady sliced a modest piece her husband stared down their daughter .He had always been able to read Ochaco and she had been timid since she arrived."So are you still dating that hotshot hero?"

Uraraka took a bite of the rich dessert."Y-Yep."Ochaco's eyes wandered around the house as she tired avoiding the gaze of her father.She looked at the light pink walls that had been there since she was in elementary school,and the collage of family photos hanging from the wall.Each one captured the family as they aged and in each one their smiles seemed to grow wider,even if Mr.Uraraka was reluctant to smile.

Mrs.Uraraka was once again across from her lovely daughter."So what's the news baby?"

Ochaco slowed her chewing after the obvious question.Ochaco had no worry about her mother,but her father was a completely different story.The man was doubtful of Ochaco's boyfriend and at the time only saw the man the media portrayed not the real Izuku.Maybe it wasn't entirely false because Midoryia was quite reckless,but it was always for a good cause so Ochaco would support him no matter what,although sometimes his need to do good by others often stressed her out."D-Did you say baby?"

Mrs.Uraraka laughed at her daughter."Of course,you're my baby after all."The woman's husband on the other hand raised an eyebrow at his daughter's words.The bearded man then asked a question.

"What's wrong with baby?"

"N-Nothing!"

Ochaco's mother frowned."Are you okay?Did something happen with Midoryia?"

The young woman gave her parent's a shy smile."Kinda."

"Oh no,did he do something?Do you want to ask us about how to end a serious relationship like ya'll's."

Ochaco slumped over and her head hit the wooden table with a loud thud."No!I-I-It's just..."

"Just?"

"I'm pregnant!"

Ochaco peeked her hazel eyes up from the table and saw to completely different expressions. Her mother's eyes were light up like fireworks,but her father seemed to have gone pale.The man's brain was like lunch hour in the city-jammed up.Mrs.Uraraka let out a loud shriek."That's amazing!I knew that boy was special,but how long have you known."

Ochaco scratched the side of her head."About a week."

"Oh my God!How far along are ya."

The woman's daughter shrugged her shoulders."I-I don't really know.I've got an appointment in two weeks."

Mr.Uraraka had finally processed everything."Does Midoryia know?"Ochaco shook her head yes."What'd he say?"

"Well Izuku was really worried at first,but now he's figurin' it out."

"Figurin' it out?"

Ochaco cringed at her phrasing."He's trying to plan out everything because this came up at the worst time."

Mrs.Uraraka let out  a gasp."Oh no,is Midoryia going through something."

"No,but we were kinda planin' on adotpin' Ko."

"Ko?The boy you're always talkin' about?"

"Yeah.But without a bigger place we can't really support three let alone four,so we've got to buy a house."

Mr.Uraraka sat down in a chair and zoned out what the women were talking about.The man wanted to be frustrated with his daughter,but he was not.He had seen the way she looked at Izuku and he knew how she felt about the young man,and he trusted Midoryia with her.The man would never forget when Izuku came to their home in the pouring rain to tell them what had happened to their daughter,and when Ochaco's father saw the hero's eyes he could tell something in him had changed.He was not the timid boyfriend that stayed at his home for a week during the winter,he had become someone angry about what had been taken from him,and only wanted to get Ochaco back.So the past his prime man could only feel at ease with who held his daughter's future in his hands.

Author's Note

I've got something big planned but I'm not sure when It will come.