민 친매

Hey! Hey you! Yes, you! Check out How To Kiss A Boy//Kim JunKyu by herxaestaetic
~~~~

"I'm fourteen and he's making me do some dumb audition thing? Can you believe this? Trying to find me a suitor when I was six and now he's forcing me to meet up with an obnoxious prince who holds auditions for his future hand-in-hand ruler?" Chinmae complained to her servants, throwing herself into her bed. The two boys sighed, shaking their heads as they packed her items. "Why is Father so obsessed with finding me a suitor. I'm perfectly fine to take the throne myself."

"That's exactly why the King is having you marry into a royal family," Chenle started, tossing one of her dresses at Jisung to fold properly. "it's because you're capable of handling a kingdom on your own. You're a woman, Mae, and in this kingdom women have less power than men." 

Jisung let out a hum of agreement, nodding his head as he properly folded her dress. Chinmae only scowled at the two boys. "You two are unbelievable." She muttered under her breath, sitting up from her comfy bed to give the two a long, hard stare. 

"Jisung go tell Kun to make me dinner early today and bring it up to my room. I'm not eating with my parents tonight." Jisung chocked on his spit, dropping her dress onto the ground as he stared at her. He was comepletely bewildered. 

"B-b-but M-Mae-" He stammered. "you're l-leaving tomorrow." Chinmae rolled her eyes at his statement. 

"Yeah, that's why I'm not going to eat dinner with them. On top of that, I'm leaving alone," Jisung stared at the princess in pity, watching as a sad, dragged out sigh leave her lips. "no servants or friends to keep me company for a week." 

"How about the servants and I throw a party for you before you leave? We can hold it in the garden since it's summer now," Chenle suggested, zipping up her suitcase. "I'm sure all eighteen of us would not hesitate to come, even the old man Taeil himself."

Chinmae cracked a smile at that, crossing her legs. "I'd love that."

~ 민 친매 ~

"Lady Mae, you need to wake up. You're leaving today." A hand rubbed the princesses back in attempt to wake her up. Her curtains had already been drawn so the suns light could beam straight at her eyes. She let out a groan, slowly opening her eyes. 

"Minhyung, I don't want to go." The fourteen-year-old pouted like a child as she threw her blanket over her head. Minhyung laughed at her childish act, pulling the blanket off from her. 

"Lady Mae, we both know that this is something you can't decide on. This is a step closer to stopping a war before it even happens. We're just one small kingdom against thousands." Minhyung told her, taking her hand and pulling the princess to sit up. Finally opening her eyes again, she looked at her servant straight in the eyes. 

"Even though I'll just be gone for a week," She leaned over, pulling Minhyung into a tight hug. "I'm going to miss everyone in the palace. I'll even miss Doyoung even though all he does is nag and remind me about the dinner party two years ago." 

Minhyung let out a soft chuckle upon the memory, wrapping his arms around her to hug her back. "Doyoung is one great teacher and also a great mother." Silence wrapped around their mouths as they continued to hug each other. That was, until, Chinmae opened her mouth as she stared into Minhyung's now golden hued eyes. 

"The war isn't the only reason why I'm letting myself be married off," Minhyung stared back at Chinmae, a sad smile creeped on his lips. "I'm going to let heterosexuals live anywhere without living in fear and I'll let all of my servants..." She pulled away, taking his hands into hers. "be with their soulmates." 

"I think Donghyuck would love that," Minhyung's lips curled into a bright smile as he leaned back down to hug her. "Now, you need to get ready for your trip today, Lady Mae."

Chinmae nodded her head in agreement, stepping out from her bed and into the next room. Minhyung stayed behind, fixing her bed. Taeyong and Jaehyun waited on the other side, prepping the makeup and clothes that she would be wearing that day. "Ah, you're finally awake Your Highness." Jaehyun greeted, leading Chinmae to her chair in front of her mirror.

"What took you so long You Majesty? I was worried you would miss your flight." Taeyong started, running a hand through his now silver hair. The sight of it would always make Chinmae wince. He started with her long, dark brown hair; curling it. 

"Just had some small talk with Min-Mark, nothing much." She wasn't used to calling her servant by his second name, but her Father required her to (which she doesn't really listen to). Taeyoung only nodded his head, continuing on with his job. Jaehyun appeared not to soon after, holding the clothes that Chinmae would have to wear. Just the sight of it made Chinmae feel itchy. 

"Don't tell me all of my outfits that were packed are like that too~" She whined standing up to take the dress from Jaehyun. "Are my sleep wear comfortable, at least?" Jaehyun chuckled, opening the dressing room for her. 

"Of course, Your Highness. We will always make sure you're comfortable when you sleep." The princess let out a giggle herself as Jaehyun shut the door, letting her change in private. Unfolding the dress, Chinmae changed. The dress was a soft yellow color, stopping right above her knees. She slipped on brown boots to go along with it before stepping out of the dressing room. 

Taeyong led her to her chair once again, beginning to do her makeup. Jaehyun walked over to her jewelry, taking out a simple moonstone pearl necklace and placing it around her neck. "For breakfast Kun is serving a western-styled breakfast menu so feel free to pick whatever is on the menu on the vanity. He also packed you some snacks to snack on on your trip." Taeyong's hands brushed Chinmae's hair out of the way before deciding to just tie it back. 

"Doyoung, Yuta, Renjun, and Taeil expect you to drop by the tutor room for a short lesson before you leave on your trip. Jungwoo will also be there as he's still assisting Doyoung. Ten and Winwin want you to say goodbye before you go too," Jaehyun finished putting on her earrings, smiling in content when he finished her outfit. "The entertainers wanted to give you this." 

Jaehyun handed Chinmae a small box, just the size of her palm. The princess took it, looking up at Jaehyun before back at the box. On top of the small box was a sticky note, messy handwriting all over it. "From Haechan, Jaemin, and Jeno. You better love this gift Royal Mae. We all hope you wear it everyday Your Royal Highness. These two took all the space but we love you Princess Mae." The handwriting at the end grew smaller and smaller but Chinmae was surprisingly still able to read it. 

The princess opened the small box, a smile etched on her lips as she saw what was inside. "They're too childish. How old are they? Six?" Nonetheless, Chinmae took the clay ring that the three boys made before setting it onto her left thumb. "They're my childish six-year-olds." Jaehyun and Taeyong smiled sweetly at her, silently leaving the room and letting in her two servants. 

"Mae?" Snapping out from her thoughts, she looked at her two servants and her two closest friends in the palace. "Even if it's a week, this is your first time leaving without any servants, without us, so we're all going to miss you." Chenle sniffled, wiping his nose real quick before giving her a strong smile. 

"Now let's get you ready for your trip, yeah?"