민 친매 + 방예담

Day 1

Her eyes lingered down at her finger, staring down at the red string that appeared the night before. "Waiting for Prince Yedam?" Chinmae looked up, looking at the boy who was a bit older than her. 

"Yeah-" She paused, her eyes glancing down at her red string, following the string up to his pinky. "Prince Jeongin-"

"I know," was all he said, wiggling his pinky around. He smiled bitterly. "I cut it when I found out it was you, sorry." Chinmae opened her mouth, wanting to say something, but like always, before she could get anything out, Yedam appeared. 

"Princess Chinmae, shall we get going?"  Yedam took her wrist and dragged her away from the young prince, his head down in shame as he let Yedam pull the Princess away. Chinmae stumbled, the grip of Yedam's hand tightening around her wrist. 

"Prince Yedam, I'm still very weak..." Chinmae spoke softly, voice hoarse. Yedam quickly let go of her wrist, realizing how tightly he held onto her, apologizing before leading her to his desired destination. The two walked in silence, the steps of their feet the only sound. 

The long corridors felt even longer with the silence, but it soon came to an end when they reached the West Wing exit. Yedam pushed the large, brown door open, holding it for the princess to walk through. Chinmae hesitantly stepped outside, a cool breeze passing by her. The sky was dark as night rolled in just a few hours before. 

Yedam took Chinmae's hand into his, leading her further away from the palace. The concrete on their bare feet soon became softer, becoming dry sand which sunk under their feet. Ocean waves could be heard, getting louder and louder with each step they took. 

Yedam brought her to the beach, a picnic blanket spread out on the sand with a basket filled with food on top of it. There was a tent beside it, fairy lights decorating all around the white tent. Looking out and towards the horizon, the sky was magnificently beautiful, little specks of white sprinkled around a dark canvas filled with different shades of purple, blue, and black. 

Her mouth hung ajar in awe, a smile crept on her lips as her eyes stared up at the sky. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Yedam asked, letting her take a seat on the picnic blanket. "It reminds me of you," Yedam began taking out the food from the basket, "In your kingdom you can see the stars every night where in my kingdom...it's too polluted to see any of that." Chinmae thought it would have been sweet if he left out the second half of his sentence. 

"Yeah, my kingdom doesn't rely on technology as much," Chinmae agreed, "Probably because no one wanted to share their advanced technology ideas with us and what not." She shrugged carelessly, quickly taking a bag of chips and opening it. Yedam stared at her, his multi-colored eyes studying her every move. Her hair breezed back with the wind, her lips curling up wish each bite she took. 

"Princess, it will be the first time we've talked to each other for at least an hour," Chinmae nodded her head at Yedam's statement. 

"I know," was all she said, continuing to chomp down on her chips as she looked up at the stars. His eyes didn't waver, focused on one thing: her. "Take a picture, It'll last longer," Yedam rolled his eyes at the overused line, but he smiled nonetheless. He reached over, taking a chip before turning his body towards the sea. 

"Would you run away with Kyu?" The question was abrupt and not subtle at all, shocking the princess. "Do you like...my servant?" Chinmae paused her eating, her light colored eyes glancing over at the prince who played with his sleeves. 

"I was tempted to run away with him...actually, I really wanted to run away with him," Chinmae spaced off, "But I can't like someone when I have my lover soulmate, it's too strong, you know?" Yedam looked away from his hands, eyes fixed on the princess once again. 

"Why didn't you let me go?" It felt like an interrogation, but Chinmae didn't care, she gave him the answer he wanted, for a reason she didn't know. She avoided his eyes, not wanting to look in his beautiful multi-colored orbs. 

"I barely know you so you'd think it's easy getting over you but," Chinmae sighed, "I made a deal with myself, I have a responsibility - a task to fulfill - multiple, actually." She set down the bag of chip beside her, patting her hands to wipe off the crumbs. "My responsibility is to marry you to stop a war for my kingdom. I can't betray my kingdom and easily letting go the man I'm supposed to marry and run away with his servant." 

"Then-" Chinmae cut Yedam off. 

"I have a few tasks I wanted to be done when I become Queen, things I wanted since I was younger," Chinmae bit her lip, remembering her servants. "You see, my kingdom only accepts heterosexuals as every other kingdom only accepts homosexuals. In my kingdom, when a servant finds their soulmate, they can't serve the kingdom anymore and is forced to leave the palace." An image of Donghyuck passed through her mind. 

"Fate really hates me, my kingdom, don't you think?" Yedam didn't answer, silently listening to the princess. "It just so happens all of my servants found their soulmates, and guess what? Their all soulmates with each other, what are the odds!" Chinmae choked up, but continued anyway. "They've been keeping this a secret from my parents for years. They told me it's because they love serving me...I just want everyone to be with anyone. I don't care about the soulmate system, I literally BROKE the system by being your soulmate." 

"So you want to turn my kingdom into a kingdom that accepts both heterosexuals and homosexuals?" Chinmae nodded her head. "But how is that possible when soulmates-"

"Did you not hear me, prince? I broke the soulmate system, I'm sure many other people can too."

~~~~~
A/N
heyoooooo
i just wanna thank you guys for the 2.3k reads!
thank you guys for supporting my books, it really makes me happy
i know i always say this but its because i mean it T^T
i love you guys aljlfjalsjflasjdfladifjshf

~ Her