Bang Yedam + Lee Byunggon

Byunggon pushed him around the palace, greeting the staff that passed by and re-introducing them to Yedam. "Are there any stories you would like to tell me?" Yedam asked, enjoying the nice walk as he finally got to leave his room. 

"What kind of stories would you like to hear, Yedam?" Yedam thought for a while before answering. 

"I already know the basics about sin and how things run here, but I heard that Mae's Kingdom is different. Can you tell me about Mae's Kingdom more? And tell me how I was when I visited," The prince requested, feeling Byunggon begin to slow down. "Did I say something weird?" Yedam turned to look up at Byunggon, which he just shook his head. The Prince frowned, wondering why whenever he thought or was nice to the Princess, everyone would tense up and or be surprised. 

"You hurt me too many times, I can't count." He recalled her words, a sudden pain slashed through his heart. He then remembered, she was one of the people he wrote a letter to. Guilt washed over him. He wanted to apologize to her on what he did in the past, but he didn't want to apologize to her emptily, without evening knowing why he is apologizing. He wanted to apologize when he remembers - if he remembers. 

"Let's see, the first time you visited her, you were six..."

[Fourteen years ago]

Yedam was bored. Very very bored. His parents were standing and talking to people about things he couldn't understand - 'Adult stuff'. He wanted to play, but there were no kids around him. He thought he was the only kid there. Yedam huffed, eyes wandering around the ballroom floor, stopping at the girl who ran out the large doors. 

Finally seeing a potential friend, Yedam chased after her, leaving his parents behind who wouldn't notice his absence until the end of the night. He quickly squeezed through people in the crowd, trying not to get stepped on before finally reaching the door. 

The large double doors lead outside, fairy lights and street lamps gave light around what he believed to be a garden. He was amazed by the flower beds and the hedges, finding that there seemed to be a maze like area father up ahead. 

A fountain sat in the middle of the garden, and there he found the girl. She was dressed in a white dress, and she was quite pretty. Yedam though, didn't take that as attraction and instead thought of it as a compliment to her. 

"H-hello?" His quiet voice caught the attention of the girl, her head whipped around, startled. 

"Uh...hi?" she greeted back, looking away from him and beginning to look around the garden. It seemed as though she was looking for someone or something. 

"What's your name?" he asked, trying to be polite, but she could only give him an annoyed expression. 

"I'm sorry but I'm trying to do something, could you please leave me alone?" sass was all over her tone, which annoyed Yedam. He had tried to be nice and befriend her, but the girl was nothing but rude to him. 

"Sheesh, doesn't look like you're doing anything but looking around like a bumbling idiot," Yedam insulted, frowning at her. She gasped, glaring at him. 

"You did not just insult me," Yedam only rolled his eyes. 

"Well I just did," he shot at her. The two began to have a glaring contest, eyes almost burning from how hard they were looking at each other. 

"Prince! Prince!" Yedam turned around, looking at his servant with a strange look. 

"Yes, Byunggon?" Byunggon rolled his eyes at Yedam's indifference, taking Yedam's arm before dragging him back into the party.

"You're parents were worried sick because you suddenly disappeared. I won't tell them about you talking to a hetero, but you still have to be careful," Byunggon warned him, dragging him towards the palace entrance. 

"Hetero...I was talking to a heterosexual?!" Shock and slight disgust laced in his tone, but a hint of sadness followed soon after. 

[Present]

"That was the first time I met her," Yedam recalled. Byunggon glanced at Yedam, noticing how the prince was holding his head for a while. 

"First time meeting who?" Byunggon questioned, pushing him for another round around the palace. 

"My first time meeting Mae," he answered, "I think I can remember some parts before going to SM Kingdom like playing in the garden with Kyu." 

"I'm glad that the Princess' plan is working," Byunggon smiling fondly of the princess, "Is there another story you want to hear?"

"How did I meet all of my soulmates?" 

"Hm...you met me first..."

[Eighteen years ago]

"He's kinda ugly," Byunggon muttered to himself, staring at the baby he was holding. Yedam mumbled random baby words, not making any sense to Byunggon. The older kid stared at Yedam's elbow, noticing a weird tattoo scribbled on it. "Even your tattoo is ugly."

"Ugwy," Yedam said, pointing at Byunggon's face, "Ugwy." Byunggon's jaw fell, staring at the kid in disbelief. 

"Ugly? Me? Ugly? I'm a handsome God!" Byunggon exclaimed, as if baby Yedam understood everything he was saying. 

"Ugwy!" Yedam giggled happily to himself, throwing his arms around happily, his elbow hard but quickly pressed against Byunggon's chest, the place where his tattoo was. A stinging pinch was felt. Byunggon winced in pain, making sure not to drop the Prince as Yedam began to cry. 

"Shit," Byunggon muttered, realizing what had happened. Yedam stopped crying, looking up at Byunggon with curious eyes. 

"Shit!"

"Wait no!-"

[Sixteen years ago]

Yedam was four years old when he met Junkyu, the two so cute when they met. 

"My string is tangled!" Yedam yelled, gaining attention from Byunggon. 

"Your what is what?" He asked, wanting to make sure he heard right. Yedam frowned. 

"My red string is tangled! Is that bad? Am I going to die?" Yedam asked, tears brimming his eyes as he worried for what this meant. Byunggon knew exactly what it meant but he didn't want to tell the four year old. It was too cruel for him to know. 

"Prince, you're not going to die," he told him, kneeling down to his height, "When your soulmate comes, you both will be able to undo the knots, okay? So be patient-YEDAM!" 

Yedam zoomed passed his servant, running towards the boy who had the same string as Yedam. "Hey!" Yedam called, looking at the new servant boy. The other looked up, his face lighting up when he noticed the red string. "Let's be friends!"

[Present]

"-and that's how you had two soulmates: Kim Mashiho and Min Chinmae," Byunggon finished, waiting for Yedam's reaction. The said Prince nodded his head, letting these past events sink in. 

"Wait, I thought Mashiho kept his name as Takata?" Byunggon chuckled at his question, amused on the fact that that was the only question Yedam had out of all of that. 

"He used a hyphen, Takata-Kim Mashiho. When he's in the palace he wants to be called 'Kim', when he's home in Japan he want's it to be 'Takata', and when it's any other place be prefers to be called by 'Takata-Kim'," Byunggon explained, sighing in the end.