Min Chinmae

"How long has it been," she sighed, leaning back in her seat. "I feel like it's been so long."

"Of what, Princess?" Lisa asked, setting down her notebook. Jennie followed suit, glancing up at the beauty the Princess had become. 

"It's been a year since my Kingdom last contacted me, two years since Mashiho and Junkyu got married, and five years since..." she paused, sitting back straight. "How long has it been since I've last felt this lonely in such a large palace?"

"What do you mean lonely? You have us, don't you?" Jennie asked, taking a sip of her tea. Chinmae shook her head, pouting like a child despite being in her early twenties. 

"You guys only come to help me control my soulmate hormones because two are far away and one is in a coma," Chinmae reasoned, "They're different than hanging out with friends." Lisa shrugged her shoulders, glancing over at her watch. 

"Well, good luck on being lonely because Jennie and I have some more business to take care of!" The two left in a blink of an eye, leaving Chinmae alone in the lounge room. 

The creak of the door irritated her, but she didn't complain as she stepped into the dark room. Taking it upon herself, like everyday, she opened up the curtains. She dusted the room and cleaned a few things. "Good..." she paused, thinking if it was really necessary to greet them 'Good morning' even though she knew she won't get a reply. Shaking away those thoughts, she greeted them anyway. "Good morning!" she chimed. 

"Good...morning..." a raspy and hoarse voice replied back, the familiar tone caused the young Princess freeze in her spot. "If you don't mind me asking," he coughed lightly, "Who are you?" Her pale eyes clouded with relief as they made contact with his deep red-toned purple eyes. 

"You're okay!" she yelled, pouncing into the Prince as tears fell from her eyes...or that's what he expected. 

"You're okay," she stated blankly, continuing to clean. Without knowing, his heart ached in pain from her reaction. 

"Who are you?" he asked again, eyeing the unfamiliar yet familiar woman in front of him. Her hair was long, reaching her waist and was dyed a reddish brown color. Her eyes paler than what it was before, but he couldn't remember anything to back-up that thought. His mind was blank, completely blank. 

"How can you forget me?" was all she said, continuing to dust around the room. Her feet moved swiftly across the floor, despite the very high heels she wore. Her dress flowed down around her nicely, following her every movement carefully. "You hurt me too many times that I can't count."

"I did?" Slowly, he remembered something vaguely. "Am I...a terrible person?" Chinmae turned to look at him strangely, eyeing him with a confused look. 

"You were," was her answer. "You were a terrible person, I don't know about now, though."

"Who are you?" he asked, yet again, hoping to finally get an answer, but Chinmae didn't answer him. Instead, her sharp eyes simply stared into his. "If you won't tell me who you are, could you at least tell me who Bang...Yedam is?"

The sound of the duster falling onto the ground followed after his question, not an answer. He looked up at Chinmae with a perplexed expression, like a child who doesn't understand how cruel the world is. Her arms wrapped around his thin, bony body, embracing him into a warm hug. 

"You idiot, you idiot, you idiot," finally, she let her tears fall. "Why did you do this to yourself?" With each passing second, she held him tighter, closer. "Bang Yedam, why do I love you so much?"