END OF ACT I

Day 3; Second Day of Celebration

The tension was obvious at the table. The bright morning sun peaked through the open curtains, filling the cold atmosphere with it's warmth. Junkyu and Mashiho whispered words to each other, giggling here and there as they stood by the Prince and Princess. 

Prince Jeongin sat across from the Princess, sending her glances here and there which made her squirm around like a worm. She would laugh and smile each time he did though, acting giddy and bubbly. On the other side of the table, though, there was only tension. Hyunjin didn't dare to say a word, conversing with Seungmin for a few seconds before eating again. 

Prince Yedam was in pure silence, no words leaving his mouth. His head was hanging low, his hair a mess and he had dark circles around his eyes, making him look like a panda. His fork could only play with his food and never picked it up. His dead heterochromia eyes drooped, clouded with thought. 

"Prince Yedam?" Hearing his name, Yedam sat up straight in his seat, looking up at Junkyu. Junkyu gave him a cold yet worried gaze. His voice had caught the attention of the whole table, everyone's eyes on the quiet Prince. "Are you okay, Prince? Do you need a little more rest?" 

"I'm fine," Yedam coldly answered, slamming his fork down. Chinmae flinched at the sudden loud noise, eyes quickly glancing into Yedams' before looking away. "I'm fine..." He spoke softer, gently pulling his hand away from the fork and lightly pushed himself away from the table. "I'm going to take a walk," was the last thing he said before walking off. 

His toes were covered in the white sand, feet sinking in with each step he took. The ocean waves crashing into the sand was calming, but it wasn't enough to put his mind to ease. Questions and waves of negative emotion wrapped around his head, clinging onto it like there was no tomorrow. 

Both his heart and mind was heavy, filled with regret, worry, hatred, and guilt. Even though he had options to pick, he felt like that all would lead to the same ending; a terrible, terrible ending. "C'mon Yedam," he whined to himself, kicking some sand away from him. "Think, what's wrong with you?!" 

He stopped walking, halting abruptly. His clouded eyes peaked over to the ocean, the blue waves welcoming him. Without a pause of hesitation, Yedam slowly walked closer to the ocean and soon, he was embraced into the ocean cold, warm hug. 

His feet sunk further into the sand as he stepped in, the water rising higher and higher. "Prince Ye-!" was the last thing he heard clearly before his head fell beneath water. His feet couldn't touch the sand anymore, kicking softly before giving up. 

"Am I going to die?" he asked himself, feeling the ocean pull him deeper to its core. "Why am I doing this?" he asked again, curling his body into a ball. Muffled shouts drowned from his hearing, soon being covered by the ocean waves that played over and over in his head. 

Feeling weak, his body fell limp, all breath leaving him. He closed his eyes one last time. 

"Will they even read it?"

~~

"I'm going to take a walk," was the last thing he said before walking off. Chinmae watched him, worry filling her as his retrieving figure disappeared behind the corner. Before she could get up to follow him, Hyunjin's voice pierced the tension. 

"Princess, how do you feel about Yedam?" the sudden question caught everyone off guard, all anticipating the answer except for Jeongin. Her face grew red, baffled by the question. 

"Huh? Oh...uh..." a large smile spread across her face, but a hint of sadness lingered, "I love him, so much to the point it's painful." Chinmae left quickly, not wanting anymore question like that being thrown at her. Her steps lead her to the beach outside, feet sinking in the sands footprints. 

"Yedam..?" she questioned, following the footsteps. Once stepping in front of the ocean, Chinmae lifted her head up in confusion. "Prince Yedam!"