Bang Yedam

He leaned against the headboard, waiting for the strange woman to walk in again. It had been about two weeks since he had woken up, but his body was still far too weak to let him walk again. "You have amnesia," he recalled the moment the doctor had told him that, "That means you don't remember who you are, what you did before, who the people you were close with either."

Slowly, the strange woman aka Chinmae, opened the door. Peeking her head through the door, she smiled at the prince. "Good morning, Prince," she greeted him, smiling over at him. A fake genuine smile, but he couldn't tell. "We're going to run over about who you are, is that okay?" 

Yedam nodded his head, eager to know more about himself. The princess gulped down the lump that formed in her throat, pulling a chair beside the Prince's bed before taking a seat. "Let's go over what you remember. Introduce yourself to me, please." 

"My name is Bang Yedam, first and only son of the Kings of YG Kingdom. I am 20 years old. My soulmates are Kim Junkyu or Kyu, Lee Byunggon, and Princess Min Chinmae. My friends are Hwang Hyunjin and Yang Jeongin. My second and old soulmate was Takata Mashiho," Yedam finished, having to memorize everything over and over. Chinmae nodded her head slowly, her thoughts weighing heavily on her mind. "Will I...ever remember?" Chinmae snapped her head up, looking at Yedam who gave her a sad expression. 

"Do you want to remember?" She asked back, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"Do I want to remember? I do, of course I do. I want to remember my studies, I want to remember so I don't have to burden my parents any longer and take the throne that is supposedly mine, but I'm scared. Those letters...those are the last and only things I remember...I'm a terrible person," Yedam rambled on, "I'm scared to know who I am. I'm scared to remember all of the bad things I could've done. I want to remember, but I'm too scared too, I-"

"What did I tell you," Yedam was pressed against Chinmae's chest, her arms wrapped around him securely. He felt her heartbeat, feeling it beat rapidly as she hugged him tighter. "You may have been a terrible person back then, but that doesn't mean you are now. You apologized, you realized your mistake and you were trying to make things better, even if it didn't, you tried. You should keep trying, so you can stop hurting those around you...that's what you want right? To stop hurting those around you?" 

Stop hurting people around him. She was right. It felt as if the words slapped him back into reality, into realization. Not knowing why those words gave him that affect, he still wanted to remember it, as if he needed it. Whoever he was, he was a broken person who need help. 

There was a light knock at the door, earning the attention of Chinmae. The princess pulled away from Yedam, smiling excitedly. "Ye-Prince Yedam!" She exclaimed, stopping herself to speak his name with formality. It only made him frown, though. "I have a surprise for you. Come in!" 

Yedam quirked his brow, turning to look at the door. A group of boys walked into the room, smiling brightly at him. "Who are they?" Yedam turned to look at Chinmae, not noticing their now dejected expressions. She had sad expression on her face, but she smiled despite it. 

"They're your friends and soulmates," she told him, pointing to each one as she stated their names, "-and lastly, that's one is Byunggon, your friend soulmate." Yedam nodded his head, remembering names to faces. So these people are the ones I was so close with, he thought to himself, smiling a bit. 

"I'm sorry, I don't remember," Yedam smiled apologetically, his hand rubbing the nape of his neck. His action was strange, his personality was strange as it was so different from the last version of Yedam they had seen. The one that had gave him the coma and amnesia. 

"No need to be sorry, Yedam," Hyunjin chuckled, moving to stand beside his bead. Junkyu and Mashiho moved beside Chinmae, the two hugging her tightly before hugging the Prince. 

"If anything, we're glad that you're still alive," Byunggon stated, smiling kindly at his soulmate. The rest nodded in agreement. Chinmae clapped her hands in excitement, gaining the attention from everyone. 

"Y-Prince Yedam, we all want you to regain your memories back," she told him, smiling softly at him. 

"Even if you may be scared, we think it's best that you know so that you can grow from it. Know that whoever you were, we still love you because if we didn't, we wouldn't be doing this, Mae especially," Mashiho spoke up, intertwining his hands with Junkyu's quickly. 

"We decided that everyday, one of us will take you around the palace with our own stories to tell and hope that maybe it can jog your memory to come back," Chinmae finished, clasping her hands together, hoping that the plan would please the Prince. 

Yedam paused, no emotion expressed on his face which scared the insecure Princess. Did he not like it? she thought, was it too much or too little? she rambled to herself, worried. Her worries soon disappeared when a bright smile was expressed on his face. 

"That's perfect," he took her hands into his, holding them tightly with excitement, "Thank you Mae, thank you!" The light atmosphere fell into an awkward and tense one, confusing the prince. "What's wrong?"

"Did you call me...Mae?" The Princess looked at him with an incredulous expression. The Prince nodded sheepishly. 

"Do you not like it? I'm sorry, I don't know why I said it but Mashiho called you Mae and for some reason I always had the want to call you Mae and yebeo and I don't know and-" Yedam rambled, his face burning bright red as so was the tips of his ears, "-maybe past me had a thing for you so it's affecting me now-"

Yedam was cut off with chuckles and laughs, his face growing into an even deeper shade of red. His eyes glanced around the room, stopping on the princess who had a similar shade of red dusted on her cheeks. 

"I-I'll go get the wheel chair," she muttered, leaving the room from embarrassment.