Chapter 15

I'm sitting in the same spot I was in when Juliette came to see me yesterday-at least, I think it was yesterday, it's hard to tell time down here.

My shoes have been discarded, my jacket is folded on the floor next to me, and my guards have given me a mattress.

I'm laying on it, facing the wall, when I hear the door click open.

My eyes snap open, but I don't move. "Warner,"

I still don't move.

"Get up. You got lucky today, Castle agreed to let you see him."

I sit up, facing her.

She tilts her head, looking at my shoes.

"You might want to put those on,"

I do, but never take my eyes off of her.

Something doesn't feel right. 

"Stand up, please," She says

I now notice she's holding a pair of handcuffs.

She sees me staring at them and in response says, "It's a precaution."

Once she has my hands cuffed in front of me, she opens the door and walks out, motioning for me to do the same.

The two guards always standing outside my door are younger than I'd expect.

20-24 if I'd have to guess. Not that I'm really surprised by age.

They look terrified, but each one grabs my arm, and we begin to walk.

• • • • • •

It takes 5 minutes to get to his room, and before I know it, the people guarding Aaron's door are opening it for Juliette and I.

I hear one of them whisper to Juliette, "Do you really think this is a good idea?"

She walks into the room turning back to face him, "No," She says.

The two guards holding me push me into the room after Juliette, and because of the restraints on my ankles, I fall.

Juliette says something to the guards, then sends them out, the door locking behind them.

"Ow," is all I say. I look up, and I'm staring into my brothers green eyes across the room.

"Can you take off my leg restraints?" I ask Juliette, without looking away from Aaron.

She hesitates, then, reluctantly unties them.

I stand up, walking over to Aaron, and sit next to him against the wall.

Both of our wrists are cuffed, but he still grabs my hand.

We face forward, and Aaron's eyes close.

Juliette's looking at us curiously.

"Are you alright?" He asks me.

I sigh.

"I don't remember the last time I've gotten this much sleep. It's a beneficial predicament, you could say."

He thinks this over. "Perhaps. But I agree. A
long awaited vacation."

I half laugh, "Yeah,"