Chapter 34

It took one day, as expected.

We got word from Delalieu this morning that our father had been flown on his jet from the capital ship to an army boat in Sector 45.

Eva left early this morning, as part of our plan.
She obviously couldn't be here when we kill my father and take over the country, her parents are already suspicious enough about the overtake of Sector 45.

So she sent an email to them last night saying that she had huge news, but that she couldn't say much because we were coming.

We planned it just right, so she'll arrive in New Zealand minutes after my father is assassinated.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he'll be dead.

We're all in the training quarters, ready to leave in a matter of minutes.

"I want one," Juliette says, staring up at the gun wall. "Which one is the best one?"

"You don't need a gun," Aaron says, surprised.
"You can certainly have one, but I don't think you need one."

"I want two."

"All right," Aaron laughs and I do, too. But we're the only ones. Everyone else is frozen in fear, scared for what this day will bring us.

However, we're all cautiously optimistic. Concerned, nonetheless.

Aaron and I have already assembled troops, and the civilians have been notified. If they want to join us, a station of weapons and ammunition has been set up. All they have to do is present their RR cards.

We created shelters and relief centers for those who cannot, or will not, join the battle. They will be aloud to take refuge here, and wait out the bloodshed.

"What if he just bombs everyone again?" Ian asks suddenly. "Just like he did with Omega Point?"

"He won't," we say.

"He's too arrogant, and this war has become personal," I say, "he'll want to toy with us. He'll want to draw this out as long as possible. He is a man who has always been fascinated with the idea of torture. This is going to be fun for him."

"Yeah, that makes me feel real good," Kenji says. "Thanks for the pep talk."

"Anytime," I say.

Kenji almost laughs.

"So he's staying in another ship?" Winston asks. "Here?"

"This is our understanding, yes," Aaron says.
"Normally he would stay on base, but as we are currently the enemy, it's become a bit of a problem. Apparently he's also granted sector clearance to soldiers across the country in order to have them join him. He has his own elite guard, as well as the soldiers who maintain the capital, but he's also collecting men from around the nation. It's all for show," Aaron says. "We are not so vast in number that he'd need that many men. He just wants to terrify us."

"Well, it's working," Ian says.

"And you're sure," Juliette says. "That he won't be on the battlefield? You're positive?"

We nod.

It's time to go.

Everyone else, including myself, is going up and out of Aaron's room, but Kenji and Juliette are going out the back door, through the target room.

James waves at us sadly as the doors close behind us, and my heart stops a second.

As we make our way through the labyrinth hallways of Sector 45, soldiers are passing us, wishing us luck, and for the first time in a long time, I can tell they don't hate us.

Not as bad as they did before, anyway.

We're all ready, our soldiers deployed, prepared for the battle to begin.

After a long walk, we're waiting in our positions for the bloodshed to begin.

We're just hoping that blood isn't ours.

The time passes agonizingly slow.

Tick
Tock
Tick

We hear gunshots.

It's time for war.

I KNOW! Short chapter again, but I really want to get to this next part😬