Chapter 11.

On Friday night after Niall's last day of detention, he found himself laying on his sofa with a blanket over him, reading the last of Rome and Juliet. He was surprised when he even found himself tearing up a bit, laughing at his stupidity as he wiped the stray tears. After reading the whole book from start to finish, Niall could see why Harry liked it so much. But he didn't dare bother admitting that to anyone. Especially Harry.

Once he had finished the last page, he sighed deeply and set the book aside. His phone lay on the coffee table and he glanced at it, biting his lip. Zayn and Liam had both texted him a number of times in the past hour, wanting him to come to a party and for some reason, Niall didn't feel like attending to it. He was too tired. With all the studying, detention and dance committee, he was exhausted. The room was dark, illuminating the TV screen which was on, for background noise.

Niall was contemplating on whether he should tell Harry that he'd finished the book. Of course, he'd in no doubt ask for his opinion on it and Niall couldn't lie and say he disliked it. He judged the book too quickly, which he shouldn't have. Like the phrase says, you should never judge a book by its cover. At the thought of Harry, his heart sank a little. They had both agreed that the kiss was a mistake, it was a heat in the moment kind of thing and they had to move on. It wasn't right anyway, they both knew that. And it's not as if either boys had mutual feelings for each other. Niall was sad and alone and he needed someone to kiss him. He wanted to feel what it was like for a boy to kiss him and he had his answer. Now it was time to forget and move on, like Harry had.

Niall threw the cover aside, grabbed the book and padded along to Harry's flat, in only his socks and not a pair of shoes. He didn't feel the need to do so, seeing as he was just across the hall. He would've thought Harry would be out partying this evening, as it was the weekend, but he was surprised when Harry had answered. He stood in the doorway, swaying a little, flashing a goofy grin at Niall. Niall's heart dropped again, knowing he was drunk. A bottle of tequila was swaying loosely in his hand and Niall couldn't help wondering what had gotten him in such a state. "Hello, can I help you?" Harry slurred, swinging against his door.

"I finished the book." Niall said quietly and Harry frowned, looking down at the object as if it was somewhat alien-like. Without moving, Harry reached his hand out to grab it but stumbled forward instead, not able to keep on his own two feet. Niall grunted, catching him and steadying him again. He didn't have much choice so Niall led Harry back into his flat, setting the book down on a nearby table as he did so. "What got you in this state, hmm?" Niall asked curiously, eyeing up the empty bottles of vodka on the kitchen counter. "A friend came over." Harry's eyebrows furrowed.

"What friend?" Niall couldn't hide his jealousy.

"Um, the best friend. Y'know, tall, brown hair, blue eyes. Looks like P-Peter Pan?" Harry slurred and Niall sighed. Louis. "I don't understand though. He got you this drunk and he just left?" Niall frowns. It didn't make any sense. Louis would never do that. "I am not drunk!" Harry spat, but his smart defense failed as he tipped forward again, as he tried to lean against the couch. Niall couldn't help smirking. It was quite funny seeing a teacher drunk. Now he understood why they never drank.

"Louis got fed up with me." Harry admitted, in a mare mumble, suddenly looking sad. "How did he get fed up with you?"

"We had a few beers... we talked. I told him I kissed somebody and that I liked it and he was saying I was wrong to do that and blah de blah de blah and h-he says I could get sacked and then I told him he should get sacked and then he said "I'm not the one snogging my students" and I said neither am I and then um...he left. I think. Not sure where to." Harry shrugged, swaying from side to side as he waved his arms aimlessly in the air, all over the place. Niall's heart skipped a bit. He was talking about their kiss. "You liked the kiss?" Niall repeated and Harry frowned, looking up. "What kiss?" he slurred and Niall rolled his eyes, knowing it was no use.