Chapter 54.

Two months on, Niall was 7 months pregnant and during the month of July, their one year anniversary was coming up and this was when Harry was planning to propose to Niall. After Niall's heart failure incident, he had managed to stay clear from being in the hospital too long and only ever had to attend their monthly scan appointment, which was good news all around, really. Especially if their baby was completely healthy.

Now that it was summer, it was getting quite difficult for Niall, though. He was getting bigger by the day and tried to hide his bump with any sweater that Lou had given him but it was getting increasingly difficult - not only because of the size - but because of the heat from the weather, which was scorching hot and Niall couldn't stay in hot weather for too long without getting a temperature which would be bad for him and the baby, especially if his blood pressure was frightfully low.

With Uni exams coming up, Harry spent most of his time giving lectures at work but he was still able to make plans for their anniversary during their free time. When Niall was hanging out with Zayn and Liam or both, Harry would head down to Cheshire with Louis and Gemma - the godparents - and help him pick out a ring for Niall.

They headed to a posh Pandora shop in the village of Cheshire, Louis and Gemma following Harry inside. They headed straight to the front glass cabinet, where the rings lay in neat navy blue velvet pouches. For some reason, Harry's heart was pounding - with excitement or nerves, he wasn't sure. "What color do you want, gold or silver?" Gemma asks curiously, peering through the glass.

"Pure gold, like Niall." Harry answers simply, his eyes narrowing at the rings. Louis and Gemma exchanged glances before smirking at each other and shake their heads.

"Any ring you're looking for in particular, sir?" A blonde saleswoman asks, appearing by Harry's side, behind the cabinets. She was dressed in a suit, her hair tied nearly up in a bun. Her name badge on her chest told Harry that her name was Natasha.

"Uh, I'm looking for the gold male engagements rings, please. Thank you." Harry replies with his signature smile. Natasha smiles and heads to the other side of the room before coming back with a cushion of velvet pouches.

"Our most expensive choice is this one, sir." Natasha explains, handing Harry a grand, gold band. "It's approximately £1,800. It's our special edition Titanium one." She grins as Harry takes it in his fingers and Louis and Gemma wolf-whistle.

"That's extortionate, that." Louis comments, peering down at it in Harry's hands. Harry bites his lip thoughtfully, his eyes scanning the the row of pouches.

"How much would it cost to get something engraved on it?" He asks curiously.

"Uh, that will cost an extra £21.50." She replies simply.

"What would you like to get engraved on it?" Gemma chirps in.

"Always and inevitably yours." Harry grins and Louis grins back.

"And then maybe after our wedding, I was thinking was thinking we could get our wedding date engraved on it." Harry adds thoughtfully.

"That sounds nice." Gemma compliments.

"I'd like this ring, please." Harry confirms, handing Natasha the ring in his hands.

"Bloody hell mate, it's pretty pricy." Louis adds but Harry only shrugs.

"After what Niall's going through, he deserves the best things in life." Harry retorts and brings out his wallet.

After he'd paid for the ring and got the engraving on it, the trio headed to a small coffee shop and sat outside having tea and biscuits. "So what have you got planned for your one year anniversary?" Gemma asks curiously, licking chocolate off a digestive biscuit.