Chapter 46.

Niall could hear laughter. Children's laughter. Coming from outside, in the sunshine. With a grin on his face, he pushes the door open to the back garden and he finds Harry pushing their son on a swing and their child is squealing with delight, dimples flashing like Harry's. "Hey, there's daddy!" Harry beams, taking their son out of the chair and sitting him on his hip as he makes his way to toward Niall.

Their son made an impatient sound, making grabby-hand gestures toward Niall and Harry laughed as he settled him in Niall's arms. "He loves you," Harry grins, stroking his son's cheek.

"He loves you more." Niall replies fondly and a grin spreads on Harry's face as Niall leans in to kiss his husband.

"Ew! Icky, icky, icky!" Their son exclaimed playfully, earning a chuckle from both his parents. They shake their heads in disbelief and make their way inside their family home.

Niall's eyes moved beneath his eyelids. When he opens them, his eyes fall on Harry sleeping next to him. He's frowning for a second, confusion filling him but then his face softens once he takes in his delicate features and there's a ache in his chest when he realizes how much he's missed him.
Harry looks pale. His usual, happy self had somehow disappeared and was replaced by worry and regret. He's sitting on two chairs; one with his feet up and the other where his bum is resting. His back is rested against the chair he was sitting on, his arms crossed over his chest and he didn't look very comfortable.

"He never leaves." A voice suddenly says. Niall turns his head round to see a familiar looking nurse standing next to him and realization dawns on him when he realizes where he's seen her before.

He gasps when he remembers. "You are a nurse." Niall whispers and the nurse chuckles. It was the same nurse who had tended to him at the soft play area, when he was out with Harry and Greg.

"Yes. I'm Dr. Sanford, by the way. I don't know if you remember me, but I was the same nurse that treated you when you were thirteen." She explained and Niall's eyes widened. So she was the one that told his mother he could have babies? For some reason, Niall felt a sense of closure.

After having Dr. Sanford explain to him why he was here and after she checked his blood pressure and vitals, she leaves. Leaving him alone with Harry. The door closes quietly and for a moment, Niall stares at him. He watches as Harry sleeps peacefully. Maybe that's creepy, but he doesn't care. He looks at the way his thick, long eye lashes rest on his upper cheek, the way his jaw is relaxed on to his shoulder. He's in an other world of his own, unaware of everything around him and for some reason, Niall wants to keep it that way. He doesn't want anything bothering him anymore.
It's a couple of minutes later before Harry stirs awake. His eyes flutter open and he rubs the sleep out of them before turning to face Niall. He manages a weak smile once he realizes that he's awake.

"How do you feel?" Harry asks firstly, his voice groggy and husky from sleep. Niall's missed it.

"Drugged up," Niall mumbles sleepily, earning a chuckle from Harry but then his smile fades and he becomes serious.

"Niall...why didn't you tell me you were in any pain?" Harry sounds hurt, wounded. Which was ironic, considering the topic of conversation.

"Because I knew you'd try to stop it. You'd try and make it all go away." Niall replies honestly.

""Try" being the key word." Harry scoffs, looking annoyed. "I don't want you to be in any pain, Ni."

"Yeah, well, thanks to these drugs, I'm not." Niall grins playfully but Harry only scowls at him.

"But, you promised me. You promised me that if it got too bad, that it got to painful, then you'd stop -"

"I don't see how that matters to you anymore now though, cause I know exactly where you stand." Niall spoke harshly, annoyed.