Chapter 32.

The next day, Niall is woken up by the smell of something sweet and fruity. Curious, he peels one eye open and sees Harry lying next to him, holding a strawberry at his nose. Niall's eyes widen completely and he takes the strawberry in his mouth, earning a chuckle from Harry.

Harry gets another one from the bowl from traces the bottom of the strawberry around Niall's lips, teasing him until Niall eats it again, making Harry laugh. "Where did you get them?" Niall asks curiously, peering at the bowl of strawberries in Harry's hands.

"Room service." Harry shrugs, eating a strawberry for himself. The winter sun was streaming through the curtains and strangely enough, Niall was still tired.

"It's too early." Niall whines, almost child-like as he brings the pillow closer to his face. Harry let's out another amused chuckle.

"It's a couple of minutes past noon, babe." Harry points out and Niall blushes, eyes wide. "You've slept for nearly twelve hours." He adds and strokes a strand of hair out of Niall's face.

"Sorry," Niall breathes back, knowing that Harry probably wanted to go sight-seeing again.

"It's okay. I would've let you sleep for the full day, but you need to at least eat." Harry reasons and Niall nods, sitting up against the headboard.

"Who gave you the room service?" Niall asks curiously and Harry hesitates before answering.

"Julio." Harry finally answers and Niall bursts out laughing. "It's okay though. He saw you were asleep so he didn't say anything." Harry assures him and Niall sighs, snuggling close to him.

"I also texted your mum, telling her that we're safe. She's talked to the police and they're going to send Bobby down, hopefully." Harry explains and Niall's eyes widen in shock.

"Really?"

"Mhmm. She's shown them her divorce papers as proof of what happened. When we get back though, you might need to make a statement of what happened." Harry continues and Niall nods, taking it all in.

"Okay."

"I just hate being out here, while she's all alone back in London. I feel so helpless." Niall sighs admittedly and Harry gives him a sympathetic smile, stroking his cheek.

"You're doing everything she asks, babe. You're being safe, okay? She doesn't need to worry as much if you're safe." Harry assures him and Niall nods, lacing their hands together on the bed.

Niall's phone next to him on the bedside table suddenly rings and Niall's quick to answer it. "Hello?" It's Liam.

"Liam!" Niall exclaims as if he's completely forgotten all about him, which he had. He clamped a hand to his forehead and Harry gives him a puzzled look, still digging into the strawberries. "Hi mate, are you okay? We've texted you a couple of times but you haven't replied." Liam states worriedly.

Niall's phone had been out of charge since yesterday evening and before then, he wasn't getting a very good signal so he didn't receive the texts until now. "Sorry Liam, I'm fine. Just a bit preoccupied at the moment." Niall explains sheepishly, glancing at Harry. There's a short pause 

"You're with Harry, aren't you?" Liam reasons and Niall smirks.

"Yeah, um- we've had to get out of town for a couple of days. My dad's back." Niall explained sadly and realization dawned on Liam.

"I knew it! I told Zayn but he wouldn't believe me." He gushes, feeling particularly pleased with himself. Niall smiles a little.

"Sorry for not contacting you sooner." Niall apologized but Liam shakes his head, even though he can't see him.