Chapter 47.

As soon as Niall was pushed up to the house and in the door, baby Lux let out a tremendous cry at the sight of him. Her bottom lip quivered and she stared innocently at Niall, who looked just as startled.

Niall looked up questionably at Harry who immediately bent down to Lux to pick her up, setting her on his hip. "Hey, what's the matter?" Harry soothed, looking at Lux.

Lux sniffed and hiccuped a little before answering. "Is he hurt?" She sniffles, pointing a shaky finger toward Niall. Niall immediately blushed and his heart sinks, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"No, no, love, he's not hurt. He's as good as new, I promise." Harry assures her and Niall shakily stood up for good measure, protecting his bump with the palm of his hand.

"Me no like it." Lux sobs, staring at the ugly looking chair. Harry chuckles a little and kisses her cheek. Niall huffs and frowns, shuffling past them both and headed into the kitchen, feeling a little insecure.

He decides to put the kettle on for the family and Harry sets Lux down before following his boyfriend. "Ni...?" Harry calls and Niall jumps and turns round.

"Babe, she's only little. She doesn't understand." Harry whispers and Niall sighs, picking a tea bag out of his tea.

"I know." He says and flashes Harry a false smile.

Harry sighs deeply and steps forward when Niall turns his back to him. "Look, I wanna show you something." Harry demands, wrapping his arms around Niall from behind before pulling at his hand.

"What?" Niall murmurs curiously, as Harry starts guiding him toward Gemma's bedroom. Confusion is plastered on Niall's face as Harry opens the door but his eyes widen and his face softens as he realizes why he's brought him here.

There, sitting in the corner, was a glossy white, brand-new crib that was clearly hand-made. Niall coos at the site and rushes over to it, causing Harry to laugh. Niall beams as he runs his hands over the edges and corners, admiring the handy-work. Niall was impressed.

"It was meant to be a surprise toward the end of the pregnancy, but it looked like you needed a bit of cheering up." Harry explains and Niall strolls over to him. He pulls Harry close and starts to kiss him lovingly, Harry smiling through the kiss. The fact that Niall initiated the kiss meant a lot to Harry.

"I love you." Niall gushed, cupping Harry's face and Harry's face spread into a smile.

"Really?"

"Of course I do, idiot." Niall replies playfully, tapping at Harry's nose. Harry chuckles and leans in kiss him again. They hug for a few seconds and after that, they make their way back into the living room.

For the remainder of the evening, Niall and Harry spent their free watching football games as they waited for Anne's lovely infamous Sunday dinner. Except, they weren't really paying attention to the screen. Instead, they feeling the baby's rapid movements in Niall's belly which amused them to no end.

"Whoa, that was a big one." Niall smirks, as the fetus punched and kicked under Niall and Harry's palms.

"She's really active, isn't she?" Harry agrees with a small smile. Niall raises an eyebrow.

"She?" He repeats and Harry grins.

"It's just a hunch," he shrugs, "You think it's a boy?"

"Gut instinct." Niall admits and Harry chuckles.

"We need to start thinking about the nursery soon." Niall suggests and Harry nods, humming in approval.

"Boy, she's really kicking." Harry emphasizes as another punch was aimed under his hand.