Chapter 49.

Harry stared at Niall as he sat in the passengers seat, noticing the tear-streamed face. "Niall...?"

"Just drive," Niall croaks and Harry frowns.

"What...what happened?" Anger was boiling inside him. Niall was upset and he wasn't happy about it.

When Niall didn't say anything, he turned on the engine and started to drive. The quicker they got home, the quicker they could talk about it. Except, they couldn't. As soon as they got home, Niall did that thing again where he shuts people out every time something bad happens, every time he's effected by someone.

"Ni..." Harry trails off as he watches Niall shrug off his jacket hastily and he attempted to go to his bedroom but Harry stopped him, pulling him close. Tears were streaming down Niall's face and he looked so hurt and broken.

He wiped at his face aimlessly, sniffling. "I regret going there, Haz. You were right. He only brought me down and I didn't need it. He's such a douche of a dad." He sniffs and Harry sighs, bending down to kiss him. It was such a longing and desperate kiss and Niall needed it.

"Niall, I love you. And I'm proud of you, for what you did today. Must've taken some guts and that's what counts," Harry smiled and pulls Niall in for a hug, being mindful about the bump. Niall lets out a content sigh and buries his face in Harry's shoulder.

Around dinner time, Niall is cooking for two (or three, if you count bump) when Harry approaches him with a video recorder in his hand and he puts it up close to Niall who laughs and shakes his head. "Babe, what the hell are you doing?" He chuckle and Harry grins.

"I've decided to record a diary for us. Something we should have done a long time ago, actually." Harry shrugs, peering over at Niall making the dinner with the recorder.

"What made you do that?"

"I've just been speaking with Dr. Miller, that's all. She gave me a few suggestions that might help make the pregnancy easier." He explains and Niall's heart melts. He shouldn't really be this emotional and sensitive over such a small gesture but it's the fact that Harry and actually went out his way to make Niall happy and comfortable is what pulled at Niall's heart strings. That's when Niall started bubbling.

"Okay, okay, no need for the water works." Harry soothes, going in to hug a sobbing Niall, again. Not that he was complaining. Harry'd give any excuse to hug his boyfriend but right now, Niall had been so cuddly and emotional lately that he didn't even need an excuse.

He turned the camera inwards, toward them and Niall couldn't help but let it a weak chuckle as Harry made a silly face at the camera, before Niall turned back to his cooking.

The next week, Niall heads to work. After his encounter with his dad, he needed a good distraction. Zayn was the one that kept him amused, constantly talking to the baby when his boss wasn't around. It was amazing to far Zayn had come with the baby, for someone who found out the way he did. Niall wondered if it was just a wrong place, wrong time kind of thing.

When Zayn and Niall are working at the till, that's when Niall's boss calls him in. "Is everything all right?" Niall asks hesitantly, stepping into his boss's office.

"Um...I'm sorry, I have some bad news actually." Brian, his boss sighs. Niall gives him a questionable look as he sits down. "I'm afraid...I'm going to have to let you go," Brian confesses and Niall's heart starts hammering against his chest.

"What do you mean, let me go?" Niall repeats, feeling the tears in his eyes.

"I'm going to have to pay you off, mate. You're too unreliable, you're never here and when you are here, you barely do any work and you never get anything done. I mean, we have more dedicated employees who are more than willing to fill your spot right now." Brian explains and Niall gulps, his face turned white. He couldn't believe it. He felt as if everything was just getting worse. First his visit with his dad and now this. What was next?