Chapter 12.

There’s a sharp knock at the door. Licking his dry lips, Niall stands up to get it. When he opens the door, he realizes its Harry. Niall couldn’t help the blush creeping on his cheeks, memories of last night flashing through his mind. “I know you were over last night.” Harry confesses. Oh.

“How?” Niall was blushing further at his stupidity. “This.” Harry’s tone was soft as he hands over the Romeo and Juliet book Niall left him yesterday. “I don’t remember anything…at all. I don’t remember seeing you there. All I remember is Louis leaving.” Harry explains and Niall’s heart sinks a little. So he doesn’t remember the way he acted? Niall knew it was the alcohol that made him do such things but it didn’t stop him feeling so humiliated.

“Please tell me I didn’t do anything stupid.” He begs, gazing at Niall desperately. “You didn’t do anything stupid.” Niall answered a little too quickly. Harry paused, giving a double take with a confused frown on his face. “Would you tell me if I did do something to you?” Harry whispers and Niall rolls his eyes. “I just told you what you wanted to hear.” Niall answered simply, feeling a little impatient. “I just came over to give you the book and left.” He lied. He wanted to be honest. He really did. But after the way Harry treated him last night, he wasn’t so sure.

“You have hickeys on your neck.” Harry pointed out and Niall’s hands flew to the bitten, bruised marks on his neck. He gulped, staring worriedly at Harry. He took a few steps back. “Shit.” He swore, lowly. “I did hurt you.” He mumbles, clasping his hands together behind his neck in frustration, throwing his head back. Niall stepped out of his flat and faces Harry, his back against the wall next to his door.

“This isn’t supposed to happen. Everything is just so fucked up. This isn’t even me! Now I know why Louis is mad. I’ve worked my butt for the past three years at Uni to get this job and now I’m throwing it away by hooking up with a student oh my God, I need – I need –“ Niall cut him off, just as Harry drops his hand by his side. He cups his face, pulling them both together so that their foreheads are bumping. “Harry, listen to me. You’re not fucking up. Okay? Nobody has to know. I’ll do whatever you want me to do. I’ll even move out of my flat if I have to.” Niall assures him and Harry lets out a breathless laugh, his cheeks flustered as he stares at him, green eyes meeting blue. Wow.

“Mr. Styles.” Harry corrects him. Niall’s brows furrow in confusion and he pulls back a little. “W-what?” Niall has no clue why he’s stuttering, but he is. Normally, he’s so confident. “Y-you called me Harry. It should be Mr. Styles.” Harry spoke calmly. Niall gulps and when they heard the sound of footsteps, they pulled away automatically. When they heard voices a few moments later, their heads snapped up and they found Zayn and Liam coming up the stairs. Two pairs of eyes met them briefly and Niall couldn’t help the blush creeping on his cheeks, knowing how awkward this must look.

“What’s going on, Ni?” Liam asks curiously, his eyes darting between the pair. “Nothing.” They replied in unison. Niall and Harry both glanced at each other, as did Zayn and Liam. “I was just telling Mr. Styles I had finished my essay.” Niall added for good measure. He hated lying. But if it was what Harry wanted, then he had to. Because in all honesty, this was entirely his fault. Niall shouldn’t have wanted to kiss him in the first place and he certainly shouldn’t have made Harry do so.

“I’d best be off.” Harry muttered and hurried back into his flat, closing his door quietly behind him. Niall shrugs and heads back into his own flat, leaving the door open for his friends. “So…you and Mr. Styles buddies now?” Zayn frowns, stepping into the threshold. Because last thing he remembered, Niall was the one that called his English a queer. “It’s complicated.” Niall answers. He really just wants them to drop the subject.

“There’s nothing that needs to be complicated, Niall.” Liam speaks softly and he has a point there but he doesn’t know what’s really going on between him and Harry. He doesn’t know what goes on behind closed doors. He feels as if he owes his best friends an explanation. He hasn’t been the best friend ever those past couple of days and he felt selfish for neglecting them. It was the most he had seen his friends all week. “I feel as if I need to tell you guys something.” Niall begins, looking at the boys. “What?”

“Promise… promise me you won’t freak out and go all “parental” on me.” Niall adds, glancing knowingly at Liam. It was a habit Liam had. Liam was the sensible one out of the trio and he was the one that kept them glued together. He made sure that none of the boys did anything stupid – most of the time. There was the few occasions where Niall had a telling off for drinking too much beer at a party and ending up in some random persons’ bed the next morning. Liam nods slowly, preparing to contain himself for Niall’s confession.

“I kissed Mr. Styles last night.” Niall breaths. Zayn chokes and splutters on the orange juice he had received from the fridge and Liam’s eyes widen in shock. He definitely wasn’t expecting that. Neither of them where.

“Niall, you don’t even like guys.” Zayn states again, in a matter of fact tone. There was a short pause. “You don’t, do you?” Zayn asks, in confirmation. “No!” Niall had answered too quickly. “Well…I don’t you.” He shrugs. “It’s cool if you do, mate.” Liam says and Niall nods, blushing. “Does Mr. Styles like guys then?” Zayn asks, with raised eyebrows. “He’s at least bi.” Niall replied because to be honest, he’s not entirely sure. Niall always assumed Harry was straight, even at the “queer” incident but now, after the kiss, he thinks that maybe Harry is leaning a bit more toward the feminine side. Flamboyant.

“I need to talk to him.” Liam huffs, standing up suddenly. Niall’s eyes widen and he goes to stop him, placing a hand firmly on his muscular chest. He’s only in a white tank top and the sweats. The fabric on his tank top was thin, revealing the muscles that were flexing under Niall’s touch. “Liam, he’d kill me if he finds out I told you.” He warns and Liam frowns. “Niall, who does he think he is?! He’s not getting away with this, this is child molesting!” he snaps and Niall frowns. “Not if I initiated the kiss.” Niall argued back. Zayn looks up, as he had followed Liam and Niall out into the hallway, where they stood now.

“You…you wanted to kiss him?” Liam croaks and Niall nods slowly. “Too get an A, right? You told me you were failing your essay.” Zayn reasons, stepping forward. He was trying to pick up the pieces. “No.” Niall breathes. Zayn and Liam exchange confused glances. “Guys, I’m not stupid enough to seduce my teacher into giving me an A, I get straight A’s all the time.” Niall didn’t mean to sound so conceited. Ha. Straight A’s. Oh, the irony.

Zayn and Liam nodded in agreement and Niall sighs with relief, relaxing a little. “Don’t worry, Ni. Our lips are sealed.” Zayn pops his mouth, pretending to zip his mouth shut and pretending to throw away the key. Niall smiled. “Right, Liam?” Zayn tries, glancing at Liam, Liam’s back to him. Zayn steps forward again, his hand touching Liam’s. Niall’s eyes fall down to their entwined hands but his head snapped up, blinking the image away as if he’d imagined it. “Right. Yeah. Secret is safe.” Liam nods. Niall beamed. “Thanks guys, I appreciated.”

“Yeah, well. You can you can trust us, we’re excellent at secret keeping.” Liam winks and Niall laughs. “Zayn…you didn’t tell Mr. Styles about my family, did you? I mean, I know you wanted to help him and all –“

“Niall, I’m not that stupid. Once I helped Harry get into the confidential files about your family, I told him a little white lie about the cleaners coming early. He didn’t get a peep.” Zayn assures him. Zayn had explained to Niall that Harry wanted to know about his family, so he tried to help him. Tried, being the key word. “Thank you, Zayn. I don’t want anybody finding out just yet.” Niall admits and Zayn nods in understand. “We’re right behind you, Niall.” Zayn replied.

“Come on guys, less of the heavy talk. Let’s go to a party, yeah?” Liam asked, looking hopefully as they stood outside Niall’s doorway. They laughed in agreement, heading to one of their friends’ house parties for evening. 

__________________

I'm not really sure about this chapter, I got writers block half way through it. I'm just replying to some of your last comments in the previous chapter - guys, I honestly don't mind if your comments are bad. I appreciate any comments, good feedback or bad feedback. Really. And guys please don't be afraid to comment! Honestly, I don't bite. But, eh, what do you think of this chapter? Let me know. X