Damien Brunner #1

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Just finished my first Damien Brunner one shot in Robotics class XD. Hope yall like it. Vote and comment down below. Also PM me any requests for one shots. Im sorry if my writing sucked in this one though :(

Stay Strong <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Damien Brunner wasn’t just another boy at your school. The thing though was that he wasn’t from Canada, he was born in Switzerland. He was a shy guy with a crooked nose. Carefully placed on Damien’s face were his beautiful eyes. He was your high school crush since the beginning of High School. He wore the “A” for your local hockey team. You never had a good history with boys, so you gave up. Yet, you still day dream many different scenarios with Damien Brunner. You can call me weird for all I care, but I’m never going to go up to him and say hi to him. Your hands began sweating as he walked closer, and your breathing became heavier. You expect Damien to walk by you with a well hidden confused face.

“Hey Y/N”

This time it’s different. He’s talking to you.

“Heey”

You look down. Your vision begins blurring and you begin shaking.

“Hey, it’s alright. Calm down. Come walk with me.”

He puts out his hand. You wipe your sweaty palms on your jeans and begin walking. Once we were out of earshot from the cafeteria. He began talking.

“Believe it or not I actually have the same issue as you. Social Anxiety.” He frowned upon the name, but he continued.

“Whenever I feel my anxiety spiking up, I come down to the back of the school and walk around. Counting numbers and if that makes you anxious tries thinking about all the calming things in the world. For me, I find playing hockey very calming. I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed but there’s a bunch of equipment lying around to help with my anxiety. Do you like hockey?”

You smile and nod. You thought no one had anxiety at your school. They can socialize and do everything without any fear. They were fearless. Your stomach is filled with butterflies and you feel like you’re about to barf.

“I know you don’t like being around people because of your anxiety. But would you come and watch me play a game? The people down at the rink understand, so you won’t need to worry.” He looks down at you. You were quite short for a female student in 12th grade. You look up and fear filled your head.

‘What if they laugh at me?’

‘What do I say?’

‘If I say no will he ever like me? I probably already ruined my chances of being with him anyways.’

“Ye-e-s,”

You agreed. The butterflies had reached the top. You began shaking, but you smiled.

“Thank Y/N that means a lot to me.” His face was beaming.

“Well, we I got chemistry next. I’ll see you after class?”

“Yep. See you later Damien.”

You were so proud of yourself, you hadn’t made too much of a fool of yourself. You went inside the bathroom and washed your face. You are smiling happier than a kid who opens his gifts at Christmas time.

‘They say that an outgoing person always brings out the outgoing side of a shy person. But in this case we had proved it wrong. Both awkwardly shy people can bring out each other’s side. It doesn’t matter who you are, where you are from. If there meant to be then you bring out a special side of them. If that makes any sense.’