Jonathan Toews #1

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Just got this done hopefully you all like it.  Vote and comment down below. Also PM me any requests for one shots. 

Stay Strong <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Today was the day you’re going to fly out to Sochi for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic games. You looked down at the red jacket you were going to wear to the opening day ceremony and proudly put it in your luggage. It was going to be a crazy three weeks in Sochi. You have to be at the airport at 2 PM MST time.

There was still 2 hours till you had to leave for the airport. After grabbing some breakfast you hop into the shower and get ready for the longest airplane ride of your life. The warm water ran down your back washing away all the jitters and nervous feelings for the upcoming two weeks. After the shower, you pull on a pair of black leggings with a cute striped sweater. Straightening your hair always took the longest since you had wavy hair. Surprisingly, your hair today was cooperating and in no time was it looking all pretty and straightened. Carefully placing a beanie over your head and looping a scarf through your neck you were ready to hit the longest airplane ride of your life. You touched up your dark circles and red spots with concealer and threw those in the Ziploc bag into Narnia. Just joking, it was just your small black duffel bag.

You look around your apartment one last time, and then proceed to pick up your bags and head out the door. You had two boxes of hockey sticks, an equipment bag, a duffel bag, and last but not least a backpack for all the clothes you were going to need on the trip. You throw all the baggage into the trunk of your red Jeep Wrangler.  You lock up all the doors and head to the airport. It wasn’t too far from your house and before you knew it you had arrived at the airport. You go into the parking garage for athletes and park. You jump out of the car and look around to find a stranded luggage cart and you wheel that towards your car. Carefully placing your luggage like Tetris blocks on the awfully small cart for your things you place your sticks on top.

You placed your standard apple earbuds into your ear and turned up the music. The first song that comes on is Walk Away by Black Veil Brides, which is one of your favorite bands. You walk into the airport with a crazy looking luggage cart and people walk around you trying not stare. When you play sports, especially hockey you lug around quite a lot of luggage which makes everybody give you weird stares.  You walk up to the Air Canada check in spot to find Shannon checking in as well.

“SHANE! HEY! You’re checking in right now as well?”

“Yep! Ready for Sochi eh?”

Shannon eyed me up and down and looked at me like I was hiding something from her.

“Oooh! Who’s this boy you’re so dressed up for?”

“What!? No! I’m not dressed up for anyone.”

You playfully slap her arm which causes her to yelp a fake cry.

“Oh shut up Shane!”

“What! I’m serious you’re never this dressed up. You’re always dressed in sweats and your university’s hoodie.”

Shane sticks her tongue out at you as you playfully swerve your arm in her direction. The line shortened and before you knew it, it was time to get your luggage weighed out and sorted.

“Hello ma’am. How are you doing?”

“I’m doing great, thank you. I’m here to check into Air Canada flight 844 to Frankfurt, Germany.”