chapter seven

I mentally scream. The three of them look at me, jaws dropped.

"Your boyfriend is Taehyung?" Jimin squeaks out.

I slowly nod, not able to comprehend what I just said. "Yes, now happy?"

After a moment, the silence in the air bursts when the three of them start screaming in what I'm assuming is excitement.

"WAIT SINCE WHEN?" Jimin asks, making me stand up with him.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU SINCE LAST YEAR."

"How did I not know about this?!" Yoongi shouts, startling me.

"We didn't want anyone to know, but since you kept pushing me to tell you it just came out of my mouth!" I shout back.

"That's why he was being all touchy-touchy with you when you came," Jimin says, squinting his eyes.

"What?! You were being the most touchy-touchy when I first came!"

"Oh shoot shoot shoot he's gonna kill me if he finds out that I was somewhat flirting with you," Hoseok says, pacing back and forth.

Yoongi snorts, "Uhm, hell yeah he will."

Jimin huffs, "I just can't believe none of us knew. We literally know all of each other's secrets. And something as big as having you as his girlfriend should've been something we all knew by now, especially if you guys have been together since last year."

"Okay, well now you know. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to class now," I say, and with this I quickly leave the shop.

"What the heck is wrong with me?!" I shout-whisper to myself. It's one thing if I told them I had a boyfriend, but it's another thing if I told them my boyfriend was Taehyung. How the hell am I supposed to explain this to him now? We've only known each other for about a week, and now we have to pretend that we've been dating for over a year.

Well, one thing's for sure: I'm screwed.

• • •

Jungkook's POV

I squint my eyes, golden sunlight pouring through my bedroom windows. A headache pounds through me, making me lightheaded and dizzy. Crap.

I drank. Why did I drink? Why did I agree to go to the club with her last night? I should've known that somehow, someway, I would've ended up with some alcohol in my body.

And that's not exactly the best thing for me at the moment.

I yawn, throwing my legs off my bed and sliding my feet into my slippers. I glance at the clock-then curse. I'm gonna be so late.

I quickly get dressed and run out the door, only to see Taera waiting outside in her car. I tilt my head as she rolls down the window.

"I knew you would be late. Come on, I'll give you a ride." She flashes her signature smile at me as I make my way to her car. I hop inside, and my senses immediately become overpowered by the scent of sickeningly sweet perfume.

She taps the steering wheel with her fingers, nails polished light pink and dotted with gems. "You know, we could always just skip class. I don't even know why I chose to take it in the first place to be honest."

When I don't say anything, she glances over at me. "So what do you think? How about we take the day off?"

I shake my head. "As much as I would love to, my future kinda depends on this class. So no, sorry. Maybe some other time."

She sighs, "Fine with me. You'll be missing out."

After parking the car, we get out. Never in my life have been happier to smell the outdoors-Taera really needs to tone down on the perfume.

"So, what's with you and Haru?" she suddenly asks, startling me.

I raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"Are you two dating?"

I scoff, "Never in a million years. We're just friends."

She slowly nods, smiling to herself. Okay, then. Totally not weird.

"Why are you asking?" I ask, curious. She shrugs, but doesn't say anything. I enter the building, and almost everyone is in their seats. I see Haru sitting there, concentrated on her laptop. Huh. She looks cute today.

I head to my seat, and turn to Haru once I sit down. "Haru," I sing, but she doesn't say anything.

"Yah, stop ignoring me." Nothing. I wave a hand in front of her face, snapping my fingers. Nothing.

"Aigoo, are you mad at me? I'm sorry," I say, wrapping my arms around her.

"What are you doing?" she asks, and I can see her trying to fight back a smile. I smile, squishing her cheeks. "There's my Haru."

"Don't touch me and never call me 'your Haru' again, please and thank you," she says, scooting away from me.

I open my mouth to say something, but Professor Choi clears her throat. "Alright students, today I'll finally be telling you about the long awaited project I've been planning." I lean forward, curious.

"Yesterday I asked that you guys take pictures outside as a form of art. This project will be the same thing, except on a much larger scale. You'll be going to Jeju Island," she pauses with a smile when we all gasp.

"Jeju?!" I shout-whisper to Haru, who's expression is just as surprised and shocked as mine.

"You'll be taking pictures there, and will use those to write a ten-page essay. It sounds rough but once you're writing it, it'll be easier than you initially thought. You've also each been given a partner. The two of you will share a hotel room and basically have to do everything together."

She turns the TV on, revealing a list with names on it, "You can't ask to change your partner unless there's a legitimate reason. And no, saying that you don't like your partner is not a reason."

My eyes scan through the list, and when they land on my name I look at two words typed across from it. I smile, and when I look at her horror-stricken face, I immediately start laughing.

"Nice to meet you, Park Haru. I'm Jeon Jungkook-your partner."

{ A / N }

oh hi there. how'd you like this one?