chapter forty-one

Jungkook's POV

I walk back to the table with two sodas in my hands, trying to keep the sparkling, bubbly liquid from spilling over the sides of the cups.

I slide the drink in the front of Haru and sit down next to her, directing my vision to the couple performing on stage.

"I wonder if they have any rapping songs to choose from," Namjoon says, leaning back in his chair.

Hoseok shrugs, looking down at his phone, "They probably do. Go look and see."

"If they do then can I join you guys?" Taehyung asks, excitement lighting up his face.

Yoongi scoffs, "The day Yeontan grows wings and flies will be the day you rap with us, Taehyung."

We all break into laughter, but Taehyung just pouts. "Whatever."

I glance at Haru who's focused on the singing couple. "They're so good. Their voices compliment each other really well, don't you think?" She turns and looks at me, taking a sip of her soda.

I shrug, "Yeah, they're okay. But you know who would sound better than them?"

She stares back at me, oblivious, "Who?"

Jimin chuckles, "Isn't it obvious Haru?"

She looks at us, puzzled, before realizing what we're trying to say. "Oh heck no."

"Aw come on," Seokjin whines, and she scoffs. "I feel weird singing even in front of you guys. What makes you guys think I would actually have the courage to sing in front of all these other people?"

Namjoon slams his fist on the table, startling us all. "Haru, you need to have self confidence. You need to learn to love yourself."

We all stare at him in silence, still surprised. He grins, his dimples popping out, "Sorry. I didn't mean to be that dramatic."

"Haru," Seokjin chuckles, "Take Namjoon's advice and stop being so shy all the time. We know you're not really that shy."

Hoseok sets his phone down, grabbing a french fry from the basket in the center of the table. "You were shy in the beginning but honey, you've broken out of that shell now."

"Go on stage and sing your heart out. It's an enlightening experience, really," Taehyung says, tilting his head towards the stage.

Haru sits up straight, hands hovering on the edge of the table. "I don't know, I'm kind of nervous."

The rest of the audience claps as the couple walks off the stage, bowing. Yoongi bounces his legs in his seat, "Look Haru, they're done! Quickly go before someone else does!"

Hesitation is woven into her face, and I realize how nervous she really is. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go with you," I say, giving her hand a squeeze.

Her face lights up, "Are you sure? Will you be okay with it?"

I nod, "Of course I will. Come on, love."