chapter twenty-five

I wrap my arms around myself as the cool spring wind rustles against me. The crystal blue pool water reflects on me and my surroundings, turning everything a pale blue color.

I didn't really think this part through.

I don't have a key card, Jungkook is probably searching for me right now, and I don't really want to go back to the hotel room. But where else am I supposed to sleep? Would I even be able to fall asleep in this situation?

I heave a sigh, realizing how stupid this all is.

I told myself that I wouldn't mind if him and Taera were together, so why is it bothering me so much? Maybe it's because I just didn't expect to see them..basically...making out?

I run my fingers through my hair, feeling frustrated. I feel my phone buzz in my hand, and check to see who it is. Jungkook.

I let it vibrate, not wanting to accept it, but not wanting to decline it either. The call ends, and I stare at my screen, not knowing what to do. I feel like I should call one of the guys. But who? Should I call Taehyung?

No, he sleeps earlier than everyone else.

After a moment, I pick someone to call.

"Haru!!" he shouts, putting his face super close to the camera. His initials on his eyelids smile back at me.

I would laugh, but I'm not necessarily in the mood, "Hi Namjoon."

"How are you? Wait..where are you? Are you outside?"

"Yeah-"

"Haru go inside! You're gonna get a cold and that's not good!" He turns away from the camera and shoves some ramen into his mouth.

"Are you eating ramen right now?"

He looks at me and stops chewing. "...no."

Now I have to smile. "Joon, it's midnight."

He smiles, dimples popping through. "That doesn't mean I can't eat some noodles now, does it?" He squints his eyes, coming closer to the screen.

"Wait a minute. Were you crying?"

I gulp. "N-no, why would I be crying?"

"Oh my goodness," he sets his ramen down and leans his phone against something, allowing me to see from the bottom of his torso up.

"Namjoon I wasn't-"

"Yes you were, I can tell. What's wrong?"

Now that I actually have to tell him why I called him in the first place, I can't. The words are stuck in my throat. "Nothing, Namjoon." My trembling voice gives me away.

"No don't start crying now, Haru," he frowns, concern painting his face.

"I don't even know what's going on," I say, tears beginning to spill.

"Sweetheart listen to me, it's okay. Take deep breaths in, and out."

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm crying again, it's just-" I stop talking, feeling like I'll probably just start sobbing.

"It's alright, I'm here with you. Everything's gonna be okay."

After a moment, I exhale softly, trying to regain my composure. "Namjoon?"