chapter thirty-three

We stand just outside the restaurant, about to walk toward the beach when Jungkook gasps. "Shoot, I think I left my wallet inside. I'll be right back."

I nod, "Okay. I'll wait right here."

He nods and quickly rushes back into the restaurant. I turn my gaze away from him and look toward the beach, smiling to myself.

He's so freaking cute with his little tuxedo. And that bow tie. And that million dollar smile.

I begin looking at some other stores next to the restaurant, careful not to leave the restaurant area. Dark, narrow alleyways cut between each shop.

I look around, surprised to see no one else around. Huh, that's weird-

I bump into someone, startling myself. "I'm so sorry." I try to get a glimpse of the person. It's a man.

And he smells a lot like alcohol.

He looks up, stumbling around me, "Nah you're good-" He pauses.

My breath hitches in my throat. It's him.

An eerie smile starts spreading on his face as he starts to realize who I am. "Long time no see, Park Haru."

I find myself backing away. "Daehyun, don't even think about getting one step closer to me."

He laughs, a sound that gives me goosebumps. "What, you don't want to talk to your ex-boyfriend? The guy you have feelings for?"

"Had feelings for. There's a reason I left you, Daehyun, and I'm never gonna make the mistake of going back to you again."

He grins, "Still dramatic, huh?" He walks towards me, words slurring.

I back up until my back hits the wall of the restaurant, glancing to the side. Jungkook, where are you?

"Daehyun," I say, putting a foot back into the alley, "Stop it."

"Stop what, babe?"

I grit my teeth, trying to keep myself from throwing a wave of curse words at him.

His gaze lowers, locking itself onto my side. "I never thought you'd be the kind of girl to get a tattoo."

Haru, run.

I find myself frozen in fear, not able to move.

RUN.

I feel anxiety crash into me like a wave.

HARU, GO.

Before I can say or do anything, he closes in on me, pressing me against the wall of the alley.

Tears slip down my face as he buries his face in my neck.

{ A / N }

...please don't hate me