chapter thirty-seven

Jungkook's POV

My eyes scan the crowded airport, looking for six kindergarteners. "Do you see them, Haru?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," she responds, taking her black baseball cap off.

I glance at the time, which reads 2:58 pm. I play with my lip piercing, "They were supposed to be here like twenty minutes ago."

She stands up, getting on her tip-toes and stretching her back to get a better view. "Wait a minute, I think I might see them."

I stand up chuckling, and she turns to me, lips forming a pout. "Why are you laughing at me?"

I ruffle her hair, winking, "You're just really tiny." I look up and walk forward a couple of steps before seeing a peach-colored head.

Followed by five other slightly shorter heads.

I grin, "There they are, the six idiots."

Haru giggles, "Let's move to a more open area so they can see us."

We walk towards an open space next to the baggage claiming area, waving our hands in the air so they notice us. Seokjin is the first to notice, pointing at us with a wide smile on his face. The others slowly begin turning their heads in our direction.

I take Haru's hand in mine, "Let's walk toward-"

"THEY'RE BACK!" Jimin shouts, running toward us at full-speed.

Taehyung screams, following behind Jimin.

Before I know it, Jimin throws his arms around me. "Jungkook-ah!"

"Jimin-ssi!" I respond in the same tone as Jimin.

I turn my head and see Taehyung run towards Haru, throwing his arms around her as she starts laughing.

Jimin pulls away from me and goes to Haru, who still has Taehyung clinging to her.

I look forward and see Namjoon and Seokjin, looks of disbelief covering their faces as they gaze at Jimin and Taehyung.

Hoseok and Yoongi walk towards us, smiling. Yoongi opens his arms wide, "My babies are back!"

My jaw drops, "Your 'babies'?"

"He became a big softie while you guys were gone," Hoseok says, bringing me in for a hug. Yoongi follows pursuit, humming.

"I missed you guys," I say, pulling away from them.

Seokjin and Namjoon approach us, faces red. "Everyone turned and looked at us when they screamed oh my gosh," Namjoon says, covering his face.

Seokjin starts laughing, giving me a hug, "That was pretty funny though."

I pout, "Namjoon hyung."

He looks up from his phone, "Hm?"

"You're not gonna give me a hug?"

Seokjin's eyes widen, "YAH! I just gave you a hug and you're not gonna appreciate it? I make you three meals a day-"

I throw my arms around him, "Ahh Seokjin hyung is the best man in the entire world and no one can be more handsome than him and he gives the best hugs."

Seokjin smiles, shaking his head, "I really can't get mad at you without feeling bad."

I laugh, turning to Haru who's already looking at me. "Let's go to the car now. We're exhausted," I say, giving her a soft smile before facing the guys again.

Yoongi squints his eyes, looking back and forth between Haru and I, "Something seems different between you guys."

Jimin smirks, "Nothing's different. They're how they always were, just-"

"Shut up," I mumble, trying not to smile.

"Kook," Hoseok says with a grin, "I swear I saw you holding her hand earlier."

Taehyung hums, "What do you have to say about that, huh?"

"Can we," Haru starts chuckling, "please just go to the car?" Haru asks, the guys breaking into laughter along with her.

Namjoon pats Haru's back, "Okay fine, let's go."

We walk out to the parking garage, telling the guys about everything we did in Jeju. Hoseok smiles, "Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun."

Haru nods, "We did. You guys would've loved it."

"Yeah, probably," Yoongi shrugs, "But I think the best option would be just the two of you going."

Namjoon glances at us and winks with a grin, "Alone."

{ A / N }

i seriously could not think of another way to end
this chapter 🙃🙃