chapter thirty-eight

Haru's POV

"Chicken's here!" Hoseok uses his foot to close the door behind him which he had answered some minutes before.

"Why did it take you so long to come back?" Yoongi asks, getting up to help Hoseok with the boxes.

"Delivery girl was star struck," he pauses, batting his eyelashes, "I was too handsome for her."

Jimin, Seokjin and I break out into laughter, but the rest of the guys look at him in disgust.

Hoseok pouts dramatically, "Why aren't the rest of you laughing?"

Taehyung scoffs, "You've been spending way too much time with Seokjin hyung."

"Can you laugh for me Yoongi?" Hoseok asks him as they set the stuff down at the table.

Yoongi looks at him and says nothing, but grabs a piece of chicken with his chopsticks and shoves it into Hoseok's slightly agape mouth.

Seokjin eagerly runs to the table and grabs a box for himself, excitement lighting up his eyes. "I haven't had chicken like this in so long."

We all sit down on the velvet chairs at the marble dining table, each of us grabbing a box of chicken.

"You have a good taste in dining chairs, Taehyung," I joke, leaning back into the plush chair.

He shrugs, a smug look painting his face. "I get that a lot."

"He's a rich boy," Jimin whispers to me not so quietly.

Taehyung chuckles, "It's just money from my grandfather's will." I raise my brows in surprise, earning a shy smile from him.

"His family's pretty well off. Both parents are lawyers and his grandfather from his dad's side was a neurosurgeon."

"Oh wow, so your grandfather divided the money between you and your parents?"

Taehyung nods, brushing his bangs away from his eyes. "Yup. So I bought this house with the money," his eyes soften, "but I would totally be willing to sell it or pick up some extra jobs if my parents needed me to."

I smile, "Awh, that's so sweet." He smiles back shyly.

Jungkook comes down the stairs in a bathrobe, drying his dark wet hair with a towel. His chest peeks through the robe, bearing inked designs that seem to be teasing me.

Seokjin looks at him from his chicken with a smile, "Come on Kook, look what we brought you."

He ruffles his bangs that hang over his eyes with his hand, approaching the table. "You guys got chicken?"

Seokjin nods, scooping some into Jungkook's mouth. Jungkook gives a thumbs up, making his way to the seat next to mine. He slips his hand into mine under the table, and I try to hold back a smile.

My gaze lingers on him a moment too long, and he notices. He grins and gives me a wink, taking a sip of water.

Yoongi loudly clears his throat, "There shall be no flirting at this table."

Jungkook chokes on his water when he starts laughing, and I awkwardly look down at my food as the guys start to laugh, trying to hide my red face.

"Leave them alone," Namjoon starts, "They're in love." He makes his voice higher on the last two words, causing his voice to crack.

"Gosh, you guys are seriously..." I let my voice trail off as I break into laughter along with the guys. "We've been home for like five hours and you guys are already going crazy."

Namjoon pats my head, "Sorry, sorry."

We all continue eating and share stories to each other, laughing until our stomachs hurt and eating a little more than we probably should.

I gulp down some water when I feel a nudge against my foot under the table. I ignore it, moving my foot to the side.

Then I feel it again.

And it's furry.

"What the-" I look under the table, and see something that I would've never expected.

I see two black eyes look up at me, and one wagging tail.

My eyes widen. "Taehyung you have a dog?!"

{ A / N }

to all of my muslim readers out there:
i hope your ramadan is going well! ✨

also, i decided to bring yeontan into this bc why not