chapter twenty-six

Jungkook's POV

She most definitely knows that I heard everything she said, but I'm gonna act like I didn't.

I try to prevent myself from breaking into a smile, noticing her cheeks turn bright pink.

"Oh, Namjoon hyung!" I wave into the camera, and he waves back. "Hi Kook, how are you?"

"I'm good! Well, not really good good but you know, I'm okay. What about you? Missing me yet?"

"I haven't missed you at all, trust me."

I dramatically pout. "Wow okay. I haven't missed you then either."

He chuckles. "Ok well, I should probably go to bed now. You guys need to sleep too. And Haru, remember what I said."

I raise an eyebrow, acting dumb, "What? What did you tell her?"

"Nothing. Good night Joon," Haru says, and ends the call. She stands up and begins walking ahead of me.

"Hey wait up! What did he tell you?" I ask, catching up to her.

"Nothing, Jungkook."

"Tell me, come on! I'm your best friend!" Oh shoot, I should not have said that.

Haru doesn't say anything and just keeps on walking, wrapping her arms around herself. I take my jacket off and gently place it around her shoulders, bringing her closer to me.

To my dismay, she shrugs me away and walks faster ahead.

I really don't blame her. I would hate me if I were her. "Hey, Haru?" I say softly, keeping my voice quiet.

I see her sigh before responding. "Yeah?"

"Y-You okay?" Idiot. Obviously she wouldn't be okay.

"I'm fine."

Any progress I had made with my feelings for Haru has been completely destroyed. And I'm not sure how I'm gonna be able to bring it back.

How will I fix this? Can I fix this?

I bite the inside of my cheek as I watch her pull the door open and step inside.

Haru likes me. She has feelings for me too. In a normal situation, I would be bouncing off the walls. But at the moment, that wouldn't necessarily be the best option.

The feelings are being reciprocated, but I haven't made it obvious enough. I haven't made her feel like she can trust me. Bad luck hits me at every corner, and she's there to witness it every time.

I'm gonna make sure she knows I like her. It's gonna have to obvious. Like obvious obvious.

It's gonna be hard building my relationship with her back up again.

But I can do this-and before we leave Jeju.

{ A / N }

come on jungooooo you can do this