chapter twenty-three

Haru's POV

I can't breathe, is my first thought.

Well, partially because I literally can't breathe because he's on top of me. But also because of just that.

Jeon freaking Jungkook is on top of me.

I can't even say anything, and neither does he. I'm just so shocked and confused, I can't even comprehend what's happening.

His face is inches-no-centimeters away from mine. His breath comes in waves against my skin. I'm blushing hard, and heat is taking over my entire body. I try to force myself to look away, to disconnect our eye contact, but it's like everything in my body just stopped working.

Except for my heart.

"You know princess, you're actually really pretty up close."

I gulp, and somehow manage to catch my breath again. "W-What are you doing?"

I hastily push him off of me and get off the bed, mentally trying to regain my composure.

Jungkook pouts, "Hey! It's my turn for truth or dare now!"

"I'm tired now, I don't want to play," I lie, but he refuses.

"No, it's my turn now. I dare you to go buy me some banana milk."

I stare at him dumbly.

He leans his head back against the headboard, making himself comfortable, "You heard me Haru. Go get me some banana milk."

"Banana milk?" I say, more as a statement than a question.

"Banana milk."

"Right. And where do you expect me to get you banana milk?"

"It's in the lobby near the breakfast area."

I stare at him for a moment, wondering how a man like him could actually still drink banana milk. But then I remember that Jungkook is actually still a baby, just disguised with ink, piercings, and one heck of a body.

"I cannot believe I'm actually getting you banana milk right now," I mutter as I leave the room. I hear him laughing behind me as a shut the door closed.

• • •

Jungkook's POV

I really only told her to get me banana milk because I know how awkward Haru probably felt.

I mean, yeah, I'm still confused about everything just happened too, but I don't even wanna begin to know how uncomfortable Haru feels right now.

I'm not even sure if there was any banana milk in the lobby.

I quietly laugh to myself, thinking about how chaotic this is-Haru and I as partners. Spent two days together in Jeju and we're already off to a bumpy start.

Suddenly I hear a knock at the door, disrupting my thoughts. Well that was fast.

I guess there wasn't any banana milk after all, I think to myself with a smile as I open the door.

Much to my dismay, it's not Haru-it's Taera. An angry Taera.

A frown begins taking hold of my face as I open my mouth to tell her to leave, but she steps into the room and slams the door shut.

Without warning, she pins me against the wall and crashes her crimson lips against mine.

{ A / N }

why am i literally always writing new chapters
in the middle of the night?? it's like 2 am
here..